"I'm grateful for everything that family did for me. And I appreciate Damian took me as an Intern at McBain Industries. We both know how many will kill to be in my place. To be able to associate your name with any of their prestigious companies would change your life."

 "But you're so good at what you do. I've seen your work. The use of colours-"

 "I've learnt a very important lesson, Henry." Elaine reclined on her seat. "Art may suit one as a recreation, but it doesn't cut enough to pay an artist's rents and bills."

 "It'll happen. Give it time. A talented, beautiful girl-"

 "Careful Henry, or I may actually take it in my head that I'm beautiful. If I did, I can't be blamed for the vain shrew I may morph into." Elaine teased wearing a mask of bright smile, needing to divert the topic. She didn't have the energy left to rehash her life at this moment with practically a stranger.

 "You still doubt my feelings for you?" His voice softened, finding the new turn in their exchange far more exciting.

***********************

 Elaine used her set of keys to open her apartment. Kerry, her roommate, was on a weekend trip with her boyfriend so the house was washed in darkness.

 Through this darkness she sailed across the living room straight for the refrigerator. Habitually aware of every obstacle, every hurdle in her path.

 As she opened the fridge, its glow bouncing off her silver-grey dress scattered an array of tiny stars sparkling all over the living-room and her open kitchen.

 Interested in neither the cosmic display, nor her quiet surroundings, Elaine busily poured herself a glass of crystalline water. Later, replacing the bottle back in its place she closed the door and the veil of black shrouded everything once again.

 Thirst, then light, was the order of her priorities when she had stepped into the apartment.

 Now that the cooling drink had restored some of her vitality drained from Henry's probing questions, water still in hand, she sauntered to turn on the lights.

 Sighing in the dark Elaine extended an arm, feeling for a switch on the cool wall. But in a flash, her hand retracted as though jumping off a hot plate.

 What she had truly felt under her touch rendered her heart beating a mile per second.

 Her breaths were weighed by her growing dread. Her eyes roved unfocussed, sweat beaded on her forehead. She didn't need sight to know what her touch had sensed.

 There was a man standing right in front of her. A big, tough man. Her soft, feminine fingers hadn't missed the corded strength bridled beneath the wide, hard masculine chest they had come into contact with.

 Rooted to her spot, Elaine remained unmoving, caught like a hare in a trapper's snare. She could feel the heat emanating from his body like biting incisions of a scalpel. Had he just moved closer?

 A whistled blow of heated breath glided down to caress her face. Its electric intensity validating his lethal proximity instantly galvanised her from a paralysis induced by an icy fear.

 Her mind and body rocked out of a horror of finding herself in such an inconceivable scenario. The glass of water shaking in her nerveless hand finally slipped to the floor, sound of it crashing reared an instinct to live in her.

 And Elaine bolted.

 Her feet scrambled zigzag towards the main door avoiding the general clutter of furniture she knew was there. But the man didn't have her advantage. From behind her, she heard a thump followed by a muted curse.

 Elaine hoped that gained her the precious seconds she needed to escape from the house and the vile clutches of this dangerous intruder. Once outside, she would bring the whole block down on him with her ear splitting screaming!

 She reached the door, turned the knob, pulled at it.

 A slice of light from the hallway streamed in. Yes!

 Bang!

 The door closed in her face, and she, slammed against it.

 No...! No. No!

 Hopes dashed, fear hammered against her breast. She grappled to draw back the air that had left her at the impact. It seemed to her as though the intruder had pitched his entire weight after her to cut her flight.

 Hands barred to her sides, Elaine tried fighting his hold with her meagre strength–all useless.

 She was jammed between the door and this large man twice her size. To top it all off, this unproductive tussle was putting a serious constraint on her lungs already depleted of air.

 She would have to say something, somehow try to persuade this man to let her go.

 "Please.. Y..You wouldn't find anything here. There's nothing of va..value."

 A hard thrust of his lean hips against the plush rounds of her soft buttocks stole a gasp from her.

 "I beg to differ." A hoarse whisper wafted over her ear, its barely restrained anger evident.

 And with terror, she found he was dangerously aroused. The brand of his burning erection, large and threatening, unmistakable behind her.

Oh, God, was she going to be raped?

 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the END of the PROMOTIONAL Updates for this Sensational and Obsessive Romance.

This Book is republished under the title 'Bound To Him' - Author Sierra Jaid. Thank You all for your time and votes here.

Have a wonderful day.

www.facebook.com/sierrajaid

www.goodreads.com/sierrajaid

www.sierrajaid.wixsite.com/author