six

Aesop sat there, thinking about life. All the actions that led up to what he just did were the only thing his mind would focus on.

Loud footsteps got closer, and hard knocking sounded at his door. The person was rattling the walls, making a bottle of ink fall from Aesop's desk. He just mumbled profanities, staying down.

His back stayed against a wall, his legs sprawled out in front of him. All he wanted was death. And alcohol. And Eli.

The person on the outside of his locked door was not as calm.

"OPEN UP, YOU FUC-"

"Will you stop? Please... Just be calm..." Emily's voice came over whoever the angry person was. Aesop groaned, watching as she picked his lock.

Probably got Tracy to do it...

Two people quickly entered his room, and Aesop groaned. It was Emily and Naib.

Naib's face was red, he had to be the one yelling and banging on the door.

"What the fuck, Aesop? You smacked Eli! He was trying to talk to you!"

I'm sorry. I didn't know it was him.

"Are you an idiot?! You really hate him that much?! Really?! What did he do to you?!"

Nothing. He did nothing. He just happens to be the little shit that stole my heart.

"He wanted to talk to you! He's your friend!..."

Naib continued to scream, Emily holding him back from attacking the other boy, but Aesop couldn't hear anything over his muffled sobbing.

They couldn't tell he was crying, but he was. He just kept his face shoved into his jacket.

"-was all your fault! I can't believe you hate him that muc-"

"No! I love him!" Aesop screamed out, making the other two both freeze up completely.

"What?" Naib whispered, biting his lip lightly.

Aesop just sobbed.

"I'm in love with him, and I don't know what to do about it..."

-:-:-

Eli grunted. His whole body hurt, but that's life. It was his fault for getting knocked out by Leo Beck, and that was just something he'd have to deal with.

Well shit. I guess I better go get some dinner...

Eli smiled widely, as he jumped up. His headache didn't matter at all. He was going to talk to Aesop; thank him for saving him.

The vision of Aesop's gently hands running over his body to heal him, at the match, made him giggle lightly.

He just quickly threw on his cloak, knowing that he could sit beside Aesop at dinner.

Heat flew to his face and... his uh... heartbeat started beating?

It wasn't glowing, but it was going crazy. It felt like a hunter was approaching, but... he liked it? Something about it made him smile. It was the craziest, more euphoric thing ever. He just smiled, running through the hallways.

Seeing that Aesop was standing against a wall, looking extremely upset, the boy let his hood down and decided to approach slowly.

"Aesop?"

"What?" Came the immediate, harsh reply. Eli flinched, not really sure why the boy was showing so much hostility. He looked so upset. Eli just blew a hair out of his face.

The weary sound in his voice had to of been from being knocked out for so long. He just shrugged it off, a giant smile in his face.

Worry still stayed.

"Are you okay? You l-look sick..." Eli mumbled out, trying not to show too much worry in his voice.

He bit his tongue hard, mentally cursing himself for stuttering.

No reply came, and the boy in the mask looked to be nodding off. Eli flinched a bit at his odd behavior.

"He had a panic attack in your room earlier tonight." Emily's soft voice whispered in Eli's ear. He took in a short, sharp intake of breath. His chest hurt terribly.

Oh god-

It's my fault that we got kicked from matches until tomorrow. I'm the one that got attacked by Leo Beck. It's my fault for pissing him off. It's all my fault. I don't deserve to talk to him. He hates me.

He knows it's my fault, and now he hates me for it. He's going to blame me forever. He really does hate me-

No.

I'm overreacting. I'm crazy. I guess his reply will tell me everything I need. I'm okay for now...

Eli was about to speak again, when Aesop's cheat heaved a bit. He looked so... angry. So sad. So... beautiful.

"I'm fine."

Eli bit his bottom lip. Bravery was the thing that would tell him how Aesop really felt. It would be okay.

"I heard you had a pan-"

A sharp pain landed on Eli's cheek, cutting him off. His hand flew up, holding the area that just got hit. Those soft hands that betrayed the rules, that healed him, that stayed right there in his time of need... finally bit back. They finally took flesh, not baring any mercy.

They always knew how to fight anyways.

Eli felt tears well up in his eyes.

I... I-I was right. I was so right. He does hate me. He really does. He hates me. Oh god-

FUCK!

NO!

Small gasps escaped the boy, as he took small steps backwards. Soft words escaped his lips, as he got ready to run away from the boy that wouldn't even look at him.

"I-I'm so sorry... I'm s-so sorry... No, I thought... No."

Eli ran away, not allowing whoever's hand that grabbed him cloak take him back. He just ran right past the halls, straight up the stairs, to his room.

His whole body ached, as he slammed his door shut and fell. He just sat against the door, sobbing with his head in his hands. His knees shook like creaky boards being stood on for too long.

The tears were waterfalls that his line of sight couldn't penetrate through. They closed, but the tears were too strong.

Teeth pierced through flesh, as he bit down on his hand, attempting not to be loud with his crying. Banging on one of the other doors in the hallway just made him cry harder.

Fire surrounded him, making sure he couldn't escape. He couldn't get to what he wanted on the outside.

The fire really is too high.

Broken heart-strings bled red, as he tried to forget everything that just happened. As he tried to empty himself of emotions. Of this weird, fucking heartbeat.

He felt himself burning in the worries. Everything hurt so badly.

I guess you can say the fire is frying away his emotions.