We burnt the cookies.

To a crisp.

Well, it was mostly my fault...considering Harry just stood there, reading directions and ingredients.

We probably went wrong when we forgot to set a timer, and forgot about the cookies until we smelled what Harry described as 'hot shit'.

So now we have a pan full of black, crispy 'cookies'.

Harry said we'll give them to Niall, because Niall eats anything. So at least they're not gonna go to waste.

We were now in the kitchen, cleaning the mess up. There was cookie dough everywhere, along with tons of other ingredients.

"Want some cookie dough?" Harry asks as he stands next to the bowl we used to mix the dough together.

"Ah, sure why not." I say, walking over to him.

But the next thing I knew, he rubbed a blob of cookie dough across my forehead with his thumb.

I stood there, slack-jawed as he laughed.

"You son of a bitch." I mutter, trying to contain my laughs. He continued to chuckle at me.

I peered to my side, and noticed a small
glass bowl filled with flour. The second he looked away, I picked it up and dumped it on his hair.

His chestnut curls were now coated white and powdery. He stood completely dumbfounded as I stepped back, laughing.

"Lydia White." he says slowly. I knew that he'd be looking for something to dump on me within the next second, so I ran towards the stairs.

"Where do you think you're going?" he shouts.

"To shower. Feel free to clean while I'm gone." I say before running to the bathroom.

"I'll get you back for this." he shouts from downstairs once again, causing me to smirk as I close the bathroom door behind me.

-
6:00 pm

We had both showered, and I did end up helping him clean the kitchen. Now, it was later in the evening and we were both sitting in the living room on the couch.

He was reading my book, while I was watching some movie that was playing on the TV.

We sat on opposite sides of the couch. My knees were tucked into my chest while his legs were extended so that they rested on the coffee table.

Besides the TV, it was pretty quiet until Harry's phone beeped. He set the book open on his lap and fished in his pocket for the phone.

As he looked down at the screen, his brow furrowed.

"What is it?" I ask, looking over at him.

"Louis texted. He and the guys are going to stay at work for the night." he rolls his eyes, putting his phone back.

"Oh." I say, looking back at the TV. I have no idea why they would have to stay overnight. Maybe they just had a lot of work to do...but I felt like there was something more going on. The fact that Harry came home so quickly to make sure I was okay only made me more suspicious.