Thirty Three

My phone rings, and I smile as I see the contact name is Dom. I quickly pick it up, placing the phone to my ear. This is the first time he's called me, and the first time we even used our phones at all to actually communicate.

"Hey Nadia!" He yells into it, and I bite my lip, wondering what he could possibly be calling me for.

"Hi Dom." I say, looking at the two dogs sitting on the ground in front of me.

"Hi Nadia, how are you?" He asks me, making my heart flutter. I'll never get tired of him saying my name, as many times as he pleases. He could say it in every sentence and I would still never get tired of it.

"I'm good. The party is starting soon, Vic and Matty have been gone for a long ass time," I gulp as I think about it I should say what I want to or not.

"And I miss you." I shrug, knowing that he can't even see me.

There's a slight pause, and I freak out as I start to think that maybe that's not what I should have said.

"I miss you." He calms my nerves, and I hear people talking on the other end. I giggle as I realize it's Adam and Michael, and probably Tom, who I've never met before.

"I just wanted to say that we just got off stage, and my adrenaline is still bumping, and I'm having trouble calming down." He says, and I widen my eyes about what the fuck he's gonna say next, but also if he's okay.

"Nadia?" He speaks up again, and I realize that I spaced out.

"Yes, hi I'm still here. Are you okay? Did you use your inhaler?" I feel like his mom after I ask him all these questions, and it's crazy that he picked up the phone and decided to call me.

"Yes of course. I just need a favor." He says, and I nod, but roll my eyes when I realize he can't see me. I wish he could.

"Wait, no, st-" I hear the phone being messed with and the call ends. I furrow my eyebrows and pull it back from my ear, looking at it. Before I even get the chance to process it, he's now FaceTiming me.

Holy fuck. I made it to that stage, like, he wants to see my face even when he isn't here.

I smile and hit the accept button, my cheeks growing brighter as I see Dom, drenched in sweat on the other side of the screen.

"It's fucking hot out here." He says, and I smile at the phone in front of me.

"It's dark there, oh shit I forgot about that." I say altogether, and he chuckles down at the phone. He nods, showing me the sky.

"You look pretty as always." He compliments me, and I try to fight my cheeks turning red, but it's really no use.

"You look good too." I bite my lip and flip the camera, showing him his two doggies.

"Aww sweet babies. Where's your two idiots?" He jokes around with me, and I laugh as I flip the camera back to me.

"They went out to get something, they've been gone for a minute though." I shrug, trying not to freak out about them too much. It hasn't been that long, but maybe I should try to call them.

"Do you wanna call them? You can, and you can call me back whenever. Or just text me, either one is fine." He starts to ramble, and I giggle.

"You said you needed a favor, what's up?" I ask him, and look down at the phone. His camera is below him, showing his nose and up.

"Oh uh, it's okay. I just realized that it's in my room and I don't want you to have to go in there." He says, and I gulp.

"No I mean- I can if you want me to. I'll just get whatever you need." I say, and I smile when I see him smiling down at the phone.