More Secrets (7)

A man ran through the forest like his life depended on it. Every few seconds he would look back, as if someone or something was chasing him. The surrounding greenery grew thicker and thicker as he wove between the trees. Eventually he stumbled into a clearing and stopped, gasping for breath.

"That was close." He thought as he straitened up. During his dash, his monocle has fallen off, but he didn't care. It was useless anyway. The moon shined its light into the clearing, and the man spent a little while staring up at the night sky. Then he continued walking, this time in a different direction. It seemed as if he had travelled the route many times before.

After a while, the man arrived at a seemingly abandoned house. He strode up to the door and opened it, the creaking of it echoing throughout the house. He walked in and shut the door behind him. Then he travelled into the basement, where he retrieved a pistol and a knife. The man put the knife away, but kept the pistol in hand as he walked further into the darkness. He opened another door quietly and looked in. There was a body lying on a bed, blood covering the walls and the floor. A rotten smell quickly reached the man, and he shut the door.

He walked into another room, this time with a small dog in it. The dog lied on the floor, lifeless, and a knife wound in its stomach. The man left the room and walked to a third room. Gripping the firearm tightly, he  twisted the doorknob and opened the door. Instead of another corpse, there was a man. He had wrapped his arms around his legs and was slowly rocking back and forth, looking insane.

"M-m-m-my boys...my l-love! H-h-How about we g-go on a trip? H-how does th-that sound? Fun? Right FUN?" The strange man babbled on and on about his supposed children and wife, not seeming to notice the other presence in the room.

  The other man cocked his pistol and aimed it at the insane one, getting ready to pull the trigger.

"America, Canada, FRA-" A gunshot echoed throughout the woods they were in. The man fell limp on the ground, his eyes blank and his fingers twitching. The other sighed and picked up the dead one. He brought the body outside and began to walk with it on his back. Eventually, he reached the edge of the forest he had entered and dumped the body where any passerby could notice it. He then faded away into the shadows once more.

...

Ukraine was headed back to France's house to see how she was. Obviously, doing something that you had been threatened not to do would shake anyone. As she was walking, she noticed a person lying on the grass outside of the woods near France's house.

"What the..." She jogged over to them, thinking that they had passed out. When she got there, she gasped and ran to the house.

    "FRANCE! LOOK! COME HERE!" Alerted by the yelling, France walked outside and stared at Ukraine.

"Yes? What's wrong?" she asked in confusion.

"Just...come with me." Ukraine led the other country to where she saw the body. France's eyes widened when she saw it, disbelief in her eyes.

"Is...is that...Britain?"

~~~~~~~~~~
Heyo. I actually had no idea where I was going with this story, but hey, that's okay. Besides, nothing ever goes according to plane anyway. Also, I keep thinking of brand new book ideas, which makes it really hard to actually write this story. Oh well.

I guess I should thank you all for this? Maybe? Or is it tiring to see it constantly? Eh