[35] - Two Broken Pieces Of Different Puzzles

cameron | stranger

*

"It's been days dude. Why do you seem so down?" Cameron asks with a mouthful of food, plopping down next to Stranger on their dark grey corduroy sofa. "Well, I mean I have a guess but like—I don't want to assume or anything."

"It's not because Damon ate my chick-fil-a." Stranger glances over at the crumbs he's getting on the couch and wipes them away then continues his tiresome journey of channel surfing.

"Ok...well...two guesses then."

"I'm just tired—"

"Alex hasn't called you, has she?"

Though, it was more of a statement than a question.

"What does it matter?"

"You keep checking your phone every five minutes, but when one of us texts you to get on Destiny using pizza and bred sticks as persuasion, you just sit there all mopey like."

"I'm not being mopey..."

"Yeah ya kinda are. What happened? Guys get in a fight?"

"Guess you could call it that."

"Was it because you called her babe?"

"Were you eavesdropping on me?"

"No I just heard you freaking out from the other side of the house when you and Cooper got home yesterday. Pretty sure the whole neighbor hood heard it though."

"Oh."

"Why'd you call her that?"

"I don't know. It just slipped out."

"Do you like her?"

"No—I don't know. I've never even met her."

"You talk to her almost every day and when you do, you're like always smiling."

"So? She's really sweet and doesn't run in my room in the middle of the night just to rip ass."

"That was one time!"

"..."

"Ok maybe two—"

"Every night for a week."

"...was it really that much?"

"Yes. I went through a can of cologne and three bottles of air freshener just to get the stench out. Then I had to wash everything because somehow the smell stained my floor and my bed sheets. That alone took a week to do."

"Dang..."

"Anyways! You do like her."

"I never said that."

"You may not have said it but it's pretty damn obvious."

"No it's--"

"I swear. I'll ask the guys and they'll say the same thing. We can bet on this if you want. Or better yet, next time you get chick-fil-a I'll just eat your sandwich instead."

"If you wanna keep those hands you won't."

"Ooo so scary." Cam chuckles as he stands to throw away the napkin that did nothing for all of the crumbs that ended up on the ground.

Stranger stands up as well, towering over Cameron by a good five inches.

"Jack ass. Just because you're 6"2 doesn't mean I can't throw hands."

"You really want to try that?"

"Too busy, gotta do a raid on Destiny--hasta luego!"

That's the last anyone sees of Cameron for hours...

As for Stranger, he sits back down, contemplating the things that were said between him and his friend. He hadn't considered his feelings towards her until now, but still, wasn't sure to think of them. The thought of getting hurt doesn't sound that appealing. Yet, and even cringing at himself for sounding this cheesy, she's so different than any girl he's talked to.

Both of them have gone through so much to get to where they are now. Each two broken pieces of different puzzles...

*

I wasn't sure if I should call this "Two Broken Pieces Of Different Puzzles" or "A Can Of Cologne And Three Bottles Of Air Freshener" but there you go haha.

I'm so glad these updates are starting to pick up again, are you?

Also:

// If you got the reference from the last chapter y'all are OG's\\

Anyways, what's your opinion on liking someone you never met in person? Maybe you've talked to them over the phone because they're in a different state or something to do with being in an LDR (long distance relationship).

What do you thinks going to happen in the end?

Please comment and speculate with other readers in the comment section so I can occupy myself before school starts up again 😂

Don't forget to:

vote
comment
share
add to reading list

Annnnddddd drummmm rooollll pleassseeee...........................
..........
.............
follow me for updates!

Until next time

❤️