Phase 1.5: The Actual Written Test

A.N. So it's been a while... Haha 😅. I'm sorry. This is an apology. I'll probably still be apologising for the next few months (years?) but hey, the guilt makes me write so...

"Kurama talking"
"Kurama thinking"
"Normal talking"
"Normal thinking"
Writing/Reading
_____________________________

So apparently the universe is either constant or the seating arrangement was somehow rigged because Naruto ended up sitting exactly where he was last time surrounded by the same exact people. (AKA next to Hinata because he had near to no memory of the seatings except that Hinata tried to help him.)

It was totally rigged.

Once everyone was seated, Ibiki stood in front of them and begins the explanation of the first exam.

"This is the written section of the exams. You will have ten questions before you, each of which is worth two marks each. This is also a team test so any team who's total score is below what you need, you're gone. You will have two hours to answer your paper. At the hour and a half point, the final question will be given by me. Anyone caught cheating will have two points deducted every time you get caught. Get caught cheating five times and you're gone, got it? Good. Questions?"

At this a few people put up their hands.

"None? Good, turn your papers, time starts now."

There was a moment of silence before everyone hurried to flip their papers and start.

Naruto, much more relaxed than the other participants, flipped his test and gave it a quick scan.

"Ah paper tests, my old enemy." He eyed the test hatefully and tilted his head. "Ne, Kurama, should I actually try or just wait until the last question?"

"Even in you tried, you'd probably still fail."

"You- just watch me, I'll ace this and I won't even need to cheat! If Sakura could do this at twelve, I can totally do this at 20, datebayo!"

Beside Naruto, Hinata worriedly glanced at his quietly fuming face.

"Naruto-kun..."
_______________________________

1 hour and 30 minutes later

"... I admit defeat to the paper test."

________________________________

"Time's up! Put down you pencils, it's time for the final question."

At this point Naruto had completely slumped over his desk, pointedly ignoring the hysterical laughter echoing in his head. He lifted his head to look down at the paper under him and slumped back down. The page was a mess of calculations and words circled and underlined repeatedly.

Naruto, being the physical and energetic boy he was, could not understand the trajectory questions or figure out the answers without standing up and doing whatever the question was asking. He also didn't know any actual formula to get the answers. On encountering any coding and deciphering questions he came to the realisation that he's had never actually done anything of the sort in his life. He just had other people directly give him messages. Other people coded and deciphered everything during the war before any after he got or delivered something, and later on there wasn't even any point because everyone eventually just grouped together. And as for the rest of the questions... Naruto suffered greatly.

"How did I survive so long so dependent on other people without realising?"

"By being an idiot." At this point Kurama was cackling like some second-rate villain, causing Naruto to slump even further down his seat.