I'm Back

Tenten, Hyuuga Neji, Rock Lee, Maito Gai, AKA Team Gai.

Aburame Shino, Inuzuka Kiba, Hyuuga Hinata, Yuhi Kurenai, AKA Team 8

Nara Shikamaru , Akimichi Choji, Yamanaka Ino, Sarutobi Asuma, AKA Team 10

Sai, former Team 7 member

Haruno Sakura,

Hatake Kakashi,

Uchiha Sasuke,

Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto,

AKA Team 7

All of them except Naruto,

DEAD

Even though they had all the Bijuu

Even though they had Uchiha Obito

Even though the had all the previous Hokage

They were all still all DEAD.

Killed while in front of him no less. They were all deliberately picked off one by one. Killed by Uchiha Madara and Zetsu.

They had fought with everything, not even stopping when they were on the brink of death. Most of them were dead, when Madara was in his weakest state.

The rest of them were dying.

Madara, in his last moments, had unleashed a jutsu to kill off everything on the earth, dragging all life with him to the afterlife.

Leaving Naruto slowly dying.

Alone.
___________________________

Naruto jolted awake, pain coursing through his body, still seeing the death of his friends. He opened his eyes, staring at the sealing, his mind blank and lazy. He tried to think about where he was, but could not, for his mind was currently sluggish.

Minutes later, his mind still refusing to work, he sunk back into sleep.
___________________________

Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto woke again and observed his surroundings. What he saw was his apartment.

He was at his apartment where he had lived in as a child, the walls full of ramen and shinobi posters, with the occasional kunai and shuriken on the floor or tables, along with empty ramen cups.

He was in his room, now sitting up on the bed.

His apartment had been destroyed in the war years ago.

He then had looked at himself, at his body, registering how just how small he was at that moment and how hard he would have to train to be back to his full power.

And he smiled

"It worked."

He lay back down, his 10 year old body relaxing as he blissfully sighed, still smiling, thinking about how he would now be able to save everyone.