Kol Mikaelson

Venus POV

I woke up to an empty bed. I was hoping that Nik was still here, so I wouldn't have to have awkward silence with his family. That plan has been thrown out the window. I threw on a pair of Klaus' sweatpants and a tank top. I left the room as quietly as possible. I didn't want attention from the fam. Especially Kol. The Burning Soul, is probably one of the most painful of my spells. My bad.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. My hand was in the fridge and reaching for the water pitcher. I went to grab it but a hand was snatched it before I could even touch it. When I turned it was Kol. With a mischievous smirk on his face. He reached for a cup behind me as I just stood there frozen. I've never physically been this close to a man that I wasn't intimate with, other than Damon.

"Cat got your tongue, love?" he smirked. He poured a glass of water and passed it to me.

"No, and thank you." I drank the water. But, this guy, he watched me drink the water with hard eyes. I finished and put it down. " Listen, I'm really sorry for last night. I didn't mean to hurt you, really, I was just scared. When I think my life is threatened, I sort of black out and do anything to eliminate the threat." I said softly and his eyes softened.

"It's alright, I'm known for being impulsive." he shrugs it off and backs up.

"Do you know where your other siblings are? I need to apologize to them too." I fill the water pitcher up again.

"I have no idea where they are." he moves closer to me. "I guess your stuck with me." He winks at me.

"What are you doing?" I said chuckling. I shut up once he puts his hand on my cheek.

"You know, you're a lot more beautiful when were not trying to kill each other." he got closer to the point where I could feel his breath on my nose.

"Thanks? Could you back up now?" I said unbothered.

"Well your boring." he rolls his eyes and walk around the island. I turned back to the fridge and brought out the strawberries.

"It's called being faithful, arse." A woman's voice said in the kitchen. When I looked back it was Rebekah.

"Oh, hey. I wanted to apologize for-"

"Water under the bridge. I mean, the patience you must have. Dealing with my brother. " I laugh.

"Oh, you have no idea." I say washing the berries.

"Oh, we do." Kol pitches in.

"Right. Would any of you like some strawberries?" I grabbed a bowl.

"We are vampires. We don't eat strawberries." Kol scoffs.

"Niklaus loves mines." I say innocently. I put them in the bowl and set it in front of me and Rebekah. They look at me like I'm crazy. "What?" They laughed at me, I was so confused, and then I thought about what I said. My face turned pink and I looked away. "I meant he likes when I prepare them for him. Not that." I told them. They kept laughing and I joined them.

"What's so funny?" Elijah walks into the kitchen. I ate a strawberry.

"Your siblings have a dirty mind." I pointed towards them. Rebekah stops and eats one.

"Brother, do you like strawberries?" Kol says chuckling.

"I prefer blueberries, why?" Elijah ask confused.

"Nik loves them." Kol looks at me.

"Oh, shut it Kol." Rebekah scolds him. Elijah looks at me concerned. I shrug.