I'm off

Venus and Bonnie spent a lot more time together. They created a bond of trust. Both of them suffering from great loss, they found peace in each other. They did research and experiments together.

"Wait, what's this?" Venus hands Bonnie an index card with a name and number on it.

"Atticus Shane?"

"Recognize it?"

"Nope. It says he's an occult professor at Whitmore College." Bonnie said. "My grams worked there. He must know her." Bonnie looked at Venus happily, while Venus stood there confused. "He might know what happened to her. And to Aria." Venus' eyes opened in realization.

"Let's go."

Time Skip

She climbed out of Damon's car and fluffed her hair. She was not in the best mood. She found out last minute that Elena and Damon were coming with her and Bonnie.

"Cheer up, V. You're in college." Damon said.

"I've been to college before. With you, if you'll remember." Venus rolled her eyes.

"Ohhh, yeahhh. Totally forgot about that."

"Sure you did." Damon put his arm over her shoulder.

They sat in the back of the lecture room listening to the Professor. Venus fell asleep halfway through falling onto Bonnie's shoulder. Damon tried to whisper to wake her up.

"Don't." Bonnie whispered first. "She hasn't been sleeping." Damon nodded and sat back in his seat.

Almost an hour later, Bonnie shakes Venus awake and they head out to meet with the professor.

"Atticus Shane." He reached his hand out.

"Bonnie Bennett." They each shook hands.

"Bonnie, you grandmother told me so much about you. It's a travesty what happened to her."

"Thank you. This is my friend Venus."

"Venus Blaine, nice to meet you." As Shane shook her hand his eyes widened.

"Blaine, you say?"

"Yes."

"Even better." Shane whispered to himself.

"What, we didn't hear you?" Bonnie asked.

"Oh nothing. Just a reminder." Bonnie and Venus looked at him skeptically. "There is, um actually some of her things in the office. Do you wanna have a look at them?"

"Uh, yes, please. Thank you." Bonnie looked back which told me that I didn't need to follow her. So, I looked around to find a place to sit.

Unknown POV

I watch her sit on a lounging chair staring at nothing. The longer she sat, the sadder she looked. She was incredibly stunning, as always. But, something is not right with her. Something is different. Her eyes aren't as bright. Her skin had lost its glow. I contemplated walking up to her. Maybe she'd recognize me. It's been forever since I've held her in my arms. Her head fell into her hands and I heard her sniffle.

"Ah, shit." She whispered to herself. She wiped her eyes, got up, and left. Her body is different. She has more hips, breasts, and thigh. And her hair. Wow. Her hair is beautiful short. If Jinhai could see her now.

Venus POV

I started crying all of a sudden. Again. I just want to be in control of my emotions. I walked around the courtyard hanging my head, hoping no one could see my red eyes and tear stained face. My phone started ringing.

"Where are you?" Damon asks rudely. I opened my mouth to talk when my phone was snatched from my hand.

"How dare you speak to her that way? If I find you, you will be without a head." The phone hangs up and the voice scoffs. I turned and saw an old friend, or something like that.

"Ya-yaozu?" I stuttered.

"Mooncake." He smirked. He leaned down and planted a big one on me. His hands wrapped around my waist as I closed my eyes.

"V?" I pulled away from Yaozu and looked at the voice. Bonnie, Elena and Damon stared at us wide eyed.

"Who's this?" Damon asked, raising his eyebrows. Bonnie and Elena just stayed quiet with red faces. I look up and see Yao looking down at me smiling. His face booming and his teeth showing. His smile is contagious so I ended up smiling back at him. He bent down and kissed my forehead.

"I am Yaozu." He reached his hand out to Damon, and he took it.

"Yao is an old friend." I looked back up at him. His eyes twinkled looking back at me.

"Yes, I have been missing my mooncake and sought her out." He shifts behind me and wraps his arms around me. He's extremely tall so he has to slouch over me, which brings a lot of heat to my back.

"How'd you know where to find her?" Elena inquired.

"My brother Jinhai is a special person. He is a wondrous psychic." Yao smiles.

"Wait, Jinhai went into my head?!" I angrily whispered. Yao's smile fades and he scratches the back of his neck.

"It is not my fault. Jinhai told me he had a vision of you. He said I should come and comfort you." He looks down sadly. I stare him down, and he looks up at me then back down.

"Fine, whatever." I sigh. Yao's smile brightened and pecked the top of my head.

"I shall punish my brother when we go home." I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"Wait, we?" Bonnie interrupts. Yao and I look at her. "You're just going to leave with him?" She frowns. I paused.

"Bonnie." I unwrapped myself from Yao and walked to her. "Wouldn't now be the best time to take a vacay? Besides it's not like I'll never come back. Damon will force me." I smiled.

"What about grams? And Aria?" Bonnie tears up. "I need you. You're the only one who understands." I bring her in for a hug.

"Bonnie, you're strong. You don't really need me. I have the utmost confidence that you will find your magic again and save your grams. Me? Well, I need to get away, just for a little bit." I cried.

I let her go and walked to Damon. We sadly smiled at each other.

"So, you're leaving this time?"

"Yeah, I am. But, I actually meant it when I said I'll come back." He hugs me.

"No, you won't." I laid my head on his shoulder. I slightly nodded. "I'll keep it to myself." We break apart. I see Elena standing off to the side.

"Take care Elena." She looked surprised that I even spoke to her.

"You too, Venus." She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. I turned and walked to Yao. He swipes my hand in his and kisses it. I looked back.

"Okay, I'm off. Tell everyone I won't miss them." I wink and walk off.

I finally felt like things were looking up. I had an old friend who wasn't involved with a whole bunch of drama. 

Finally.