1 | Smile

"Come on Alice, we can't keep them waiting!" My sister Poppy yells for me and I slowly make my way towards the door. "Explain to me why I have to come with you?" I ask locking the door following her to the lift. "Because I promised him that I would show up and watch the auditions." She smiles at me walking out of the flat getting in the car making me frown my eyebrows, "That doesn't explain why I have to come with you?" I put my seatbelt on as we drive off. "Because my dear Alice, you are my sister and I can make you tag along." She turns her head to look at me before looking back at the road. "Plus I'm sure you want to see Brian...." She sings reaching over to pat my thigh. "Tosh." I slap her hand away.

When we arrive to the boys audition Poppy ran over to Tim showering him in kisses. "Minging isn't?" Brian's voice says behind me. "Bloody right you are." I smile up at him. "She dragged you along?" He asks looking back at the two making out. "Yes, she did. She said because I'm her sister she can make me tag along." I roll my eyes walking away with Brian to go sit down to talk. "At least you get to see me." He throws his arm around my shoulder. "Brian, I see you like every other day! Do you and Poppy forget that you two are best mates? Since what? When both of you were in Nappies?" I giggle slapping his chest. "That doesn't mean you can't still see me a lot." He brings me closer into his side.

"When are they going to stop bloody kissing!" I look back over to my sister and Tim. "Soon I hope because auditions start in a few minutes." He stands up picking me up tossing me over his shoulder. "BRIAN!" I yell slapping his back. "It's showtime love birds!" He calls out and the two stop kissing quickly following us. We make it to the room where there was a few guys waiting to audition to be the drummer. "Who's first?" Brian asks still holding me over his shoulder. "Brian, why don't you put Alice down now?" Poppy says and Brian nods his head, "Right, forgot." He says placing me back done and we all four take a seat.

Finally after most of the guys went, we got to our last audition. "What's your name?" Tim asked as Poppy rubbed his shoulders. "Roger Taylor." He says taking a seat at the drums and I quickly sit up in my seat from leaning back into it. His name... it can't be. After he finished playing the drums Brian and Tim looked at each other with a certain look in their eyes. "Welcome to the band!" Brian puts his thumbs up in the air. "Come over here." Tim stands up and we all meet Roger halfway. Oh my god.. it is him...

"I'm Brian May and this is Tim Staffell." Brian introduces himself and Tim to their new drummer. "Nice to meet you, again Roger Taylor." He shakes their hands and he looks at me and Poppy behind them. "Right, this is my lovely girlfriend Poppy and her sister Alice White." Tim pulls Poppy into his side and I wave behind Brian. "Don't be shy, Alice." Brian grabs my hand pulling me to stand next to him. Roger tilted his head a little before he begins to speak, "How about we go celebrate?" He asks and the two, who quickly agree. "Lovely." Brian says and we all begin walking to our vehicles. "Alice, Do you want to ride with me?" Brian takes my hand into his as we walk. "Sure, Poppy won't mind." I say and of course I was right that she didn't.

While we were driving to the pub Brian picked, the others followed behind us. "Why were you being shy when we introduced ourselves to Roger?" Brian asks eyeing the road. "I don't know, his name sounded familiar to me." I lie not saying I knew who he was as I looked out the window at the blocks.

When we arrived at the pub we all park next to each other. "I'll be right in, I have to get something out of the boot." Brian waves for us to carry on and we do so. Poppy and Tim were of course walking with their arms linked in front of me and Roger. "It's been what? A year since I last saw you? Alice Grace White" Roger spoke up and I turn to look at him to see him smirking. "Three, I didn't see you because you changed schools, Roger Meddows Taylor." I correct him making him laugh. "You haven't changed one bit have you?" He bumps my shoulder and I bump him back. "Neither have you. Just grew your hair out some." I say as we make it inside the pub. "It's odd seeing you again. You look different from when we were younger." He says as we take a seat with Poppy and Tim.

"I hope I don't look the same! I was made fun of for five bloody years, Roger. Bloody no one wanted to be around me." I laugh remembering my terrible school life. "I was there to tell people to quit being rude to you." He defense himself. "Oh blimey, like you did. You only did it because Annabella didn't fall for your charm, so you had to find another way to win her over. Which was through me everyone knew that was the way to her. No one ever liked me as a friend or more." I cross my arms leaning back in my chair.

"Lies, I like you." Brian startled me flicking my forehead. "You don't count, Bri. You're a family friend, who has known me since I was born." I point my finger at him and he picks me up sitting in my seat placing me on his lap. "That doesn't mean anything, you and Poppy know I dislike your brothers. Older and younger ones." He wraps his arms around my waist. "You got a point." I lean into him. Us sitting like this didn't bother us since we were so close to each other. "To defend myself, Alice. Even after getting Annabella and when she moved, I still was friends with you." Roger speaks up again. "I'll let you have that one." I take a sip from my drink Poppy brought me.

~

"Smile!" I shout downing another drink. "What?" Tim asks me while Poppy kisses his neck. "The band, you boys should call it smile." I turn to smile at Brian who smiles back, "I like it." He picks up up his drink. "I agree." Roger nods his head picking up his drink too. We all look at Tim who could only pay attention to my sister. "Sure. See you mates later." He picks up Poppy and they leave the pub. "Did my sister really just leave me here to sleep with Tim?" I ask getting off Brian taking Tim's seat. "I'll take you home, Alice." Brian sits up leaning on the table. "Thanks Bri, What would I do without you."

The three of us continue to drink more before deciding it was time to go. Roger somehow got a random girl to tag along with him back to his place. "Yep, same old Roger. Goodnight!" I laugh getting in Brian's car with him. "Do you just want to crash at my flat?" He asks trying to get the key in. "Yes actually because my keys are in Poppy's car." I say making him laugh. "I told you two weeks ago to keep them on you."

When we get to Brian's flat I fall back onto his bed exhausted. "Here plonker." Brian throws one of his T-shirts at me and it lands in my face. "Thanks mate." I put my hand up giving him a thumbs up. "Well hurry up and go change! I'm tired and I want to go to bed." He slaps my leg and I sit up going to change. I come back to see Brian already laying in bed. "Goodnight Bri." I jump in bed next to him and we fall fast asleep.