Chapter two

Will's pov

~~~~~~~~

I held the door for the son of hades as he left his "room". These rooms are horrid, I wish I had something better for him.

The infirmary had emptied out, the patients and children of Apollo had either left for their cabins or dinner. It was only Nico and I. My heart beat picked up slightly at that thought.

We walked into the main room and I began stripping beds of their sheets and throwing them into a pile to be cleaned.

I turned to Nico "ok Death Boy, start grabbing sheets and pillows and putting them in a pile over here" Nico shot me a murderous look at the nickname. I loved it. I loved making him flustered and blush.

Nico muttered something incoherently under his breath and started on the bed next to mine. We worked silently for a few minutes until I decided to start a conversation.

"What were you talking about with Percy earlier?" I asked with genuine interest. His cheeks reddened immediately.

"Oh uh, n-nothing" he stuttered. Shit I must've hit a soft spot. Maybe an easier question.

"Are you hungry? We're almost done, we can go get dinner" I said throwing a pillow into the corner.

"Not really" he moved onto the last bed.

"Come on you must be hungry!" I exclaimed and gently tossed a pillow at him. "Unless you want to look like those skeletons you summon!" I said tossing another pillow.

Nico grinned and tossed the pillows back at me. One hitting me square in the face.

"Hey! That hurt! " I laughed and covered my face in mock pain. The son of hades ran to the pile of pillows and stuffed a few under each arm.

"I don't need underworld-y stuff to beat you up" he threatened smiling more then I've ever seen from him. But I couldn't take my time and stare at his beautiful smile. I had to get him back. Besides, I plan on making that smile happen regularly.

I picked up a pillow from the floor and chucked it at Nico. He dodged it and ducked behind a bed. I jumped over the bed in front of me so I was on the opposite side of Nico's.

Nico jumped up an pelted me with pillows. I backed up and hit a bed, I reached out for a pillow. But Nico snatched them from me. Shit, he's going to win. Laughing Nico stood in front of me.

"I win sunshine." Nico said, crossing his arms in triumph.

"Ok, ok Death Boy you win this round" I chucked and started picking up the scattered pillows. Nico joined me and we collected all of the pillows. The son of Hades walked in front of me and put the pillows in the pile. I couldn't resist and chucked one last pillow at his back.

"Hey!" He shouted turning on me.

I laughed and brought my arms up to cover my head "sorry! Sorry! You were right there I had to!" I said. Nico laughed at me. Gods he should laugh more.

"Come on let's get some dinner" I said walking towards the exit. Nico's usual scowl took over his face.

"I'm not hungry" Nico glowered at me.

"Too bad, Doctors orders" I grinned as we left the infirmary and headed to dinner.