Chapter 32: Makeup and Thoughts

"This is your room. We have already dropped off your luggage and we will deliver a dress and suit that the royal family would like you to wear. Someone will return in five hours time to retrieve you to go to the ball. Make sure your ready." The servant said gesturing towards the large white french doors that apparently lead to our room.

Two guards were positioned in from the of door. Just down the hall was Lila and Lucas' room so we were near each other.

"Thank you. That will be all." Grayson dismissed him. With a nod of his head, the short man scurried off and it was just us two and guards.

"Let's just hurry up. I'm exhausted." I say leaning into Grayson for support. He gives a slight laugh but doesn't argue with me.

The door is opened by the guard in the left and we slip in without another word.

When I first walk in, my breath is taken away.

It was beautiful inside, the room didn't look too far off from a wealthy American home. The walls were a pearly white and all sorts of pictures hung from them.

The ground held a plush carpet that sank when I stepped onto it. There was a bed to the right with wide width. It was larger than a king size so it must be custom made.

The main color here seemed to be white. The bed was white, the walls were white, the curtains were and the list goes on and on.

Right when you walk in, on the other side of the room, there was a glass door that lead to a balcony. I knew it was a beautiful view without even looking.

This stay was going to be amazing, I already knew it.

"Go lay down," Grayson whispers in my ear. "I'll wake you up once it's time to get ready."

I intake a deep breath because I could fee out close proximity but nodded nonetheless.

He guided me towards the bed. I didn't want to get the bed dirty so I laid on top and grabbed a blanket in the drawer next to me.

"Promise you'll wake me up?" I ask with my eyes closed, already dozing off.

"Yes, I promise, love. Now please stop talking and just sleep for a little while." He kisses me softly on the forehead which surprises me. I don't think he's ever done that before.

He strokes my back and tingles smooth my throbbing muscles from the workout earlier. I'm grateful for his gentle touch, because I was sure if he wasn't there I wouldn't be sleeping at all.

Without another thought my body finally gave into sleep.

~~~~

"Iris."

I groan. "Go away."

"We have an hour and a half to get ready for the ball, love. You need to get ready now." I recognized the voice as my mate and sighed.

Memories from earlier in the day attacked my brain and I winced. The ball tonight was not going to be fun. However I knew I was required to go, considering I was the lost princess.

Anxiety gripped me hard as I thought of all the possible thoughts of people. Would they like me? What if they don't? What if they finally decide to kick me out?

Then we leave and don't turn back. My wolf soothes me in he back of my head.

But what about the bonds that we have the the royal family? Didn't those decide to become known?

Don't worry about that. I will handle that if we come to that. But for right now, just enjoy our family's company. They haven't seen us in years Iris. Just enjoy it.