Chapter 15: Journal

Okay quick update. I wrote this chapter before I posted that I was only going to update on Wednesdays now, so this chapter isn't long at all. It is NOT 2000+ words and I'm sorry. You guys won't be able to read that long of chapters until chapter seventeen.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience for you guys but this is all I have. Please try and understand!!

Like the song? It's a throwback.

Now to the chapter!!

~~~~

As I was looking around the house for the journal that Judy had "lost", I realized that I had become relatively comfortable with these people.

I was surprised about how fast we had moved from the acquaintance stage to now friends. Although it would be a long time until I would become close with them, family even, I was glad to be far way from my parents.

"Let's check the library." Lila suggested while tugging at my arm in the direction.

I nod.

We had just been paired off by Judy, saying that we needed to search high and low, because it held great importance to her.

Grayson was put with Lucas, Jenna with Judy, and Lila with me.

Thank Goddess I wasn't it with Jenna, because I'm sure she would just complain and whine the whole time.

We walked around the corner to the grand doors of the library.

"When do you think I'll get to see the pack house?" I suddenly ask. It had been on my mind for awhile now, and no one would answer my question.

Lila shrugs. "I can take you after we're done searching. Though I must warn you, it's very boring there."

I chuckle and roll my eyes. "At least it would be better than staying here. I'm dying of boredom."

"You should have told me. We could have gone earlier."

I shrug. "Oh well." Glancing at the library's door, I smirk. "The first one that finds the journal, gets to tell the other person a dare and they have to do it."

Lila nods. "That sounds like a great idea."

Getting into a running stance, I say, "one, two, three, go!"

Lila and I race off to the library bursting the doors open and frantically look around for a place to start.

She goes to the left and I go to the right. With ceiling high bookcases, I knew that the task would not be easy.

"I'm going to beat you." Lila taunts me and it makes me laugh. In her dreams!

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I retort.

I reach for any book that looks of it could be a journal. At this point I just want to win the challenge.

I'm already down two isles before something catches my eye. The book looks old and very well used. The spine of the book is practically ripped off, leaving only the pages and cover. When I take it off the shelf and open it, I immediately know that it is Judy's because her name is written in the front.

Maybe it was wrong, but at the moment I didn't care. So on instinct I opened the journal.

Judy said inside of the book were some entries of her personal life. But these symbols looked nothing like journal entries. They were carefully written in right to left order. The black ink was smeared on some places causing some other symbols to be messed up too.