Chapter 4: A Grocery Store Run In

[Edited]

Hey guys!!

~~~~

"Hi?" I say to my old crush as I begin to realize my stupidity

He was just as hot as I remember, blond hair, hazel eyes and almost as tall as Grayson.

Stop thinking about him. I scowl myself.

He smiled at me enthusiastically.

"You're the girl that used to be in my math class right?" I nod. "Cool! How does it feel to finally be out of high school? Anything exciting happen?"

Dylan glance over my figure.

"Wow," he adds. "you look good Iris."

It makes me blush a deep crimson red, but nothing like the intense feeling I felt with Grayson a few minutes ago.

Why was he talking to me? Wasn't he the popular guy in high school, or is this someone completely different?

"Uh, no not really." I look down still blushing. "How 'bout you?"

Dylan smiles. "No, nothing really. I'm just trying to find a stable job in the engineering field so I can have a good job for when I have a family."

That was cute. "That's nice. What about college. I thought you were going."

I blush slightly at my question. It was stupid. Why was I even asking these questions?

"I decided to stay here. If my soul mate is here, then there's no reason to leave and start over somewhere else, you know?"

Not really but I pretend like I do. "Yeah, that makes sense."

A silence is settled out between us, but Dylan breaks it. "Hey we should catch up sometime. Lunch?"

What? The famous jock quarterback was asking me out to lunch?

"Say in two days time?" He adds on.

Are you kidding me?

I wonder what Grayson would say about this if he found out. Comments my wolf.

Stupid animal.

I don't give a damn about what he thinks. I was going to go out and have a good time with an old friend from high school.

"Sure. Why not."

He sends me a cocky smile. "Do you want to meet at the Lunch Shack?"

I'm surprised. Only the cool kids got to go there. "Yeah that sounds great!"

"Meet me there around one." He puts it in his phone for reminding and I do the same.

I can't believe this is actually happening!

Shortly after we say goodbye and I get the rest of the food of the list. I'm so happy that I don't even think about how long this is taking and how much of a scowling I'll get about this at home.

Yes, I was still very shaken on what happened with Grayson, but I was even more distracted about Dylan.

He was such a sweet guy, I don't understand why I didn't have the courage to talk to him in high school.

I was so stupid back then. I did so many things I regretted. If I went back to high school now, I would redo everything.

My mind kept wondering through the possibilities on how my life would be different. Maybe if I had just been more social...

"Miss." Some middle aged human woman said. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. Sorry. "

I was standing in line on check out and I must had been holding up the line for a few minutes now. My mind was defiantly somewhere else.

As the lady was checking out, my mother calls me.

"Where are you?!" She screamed through the phone.

I sighed into my iPhone 7. "I'm checking out now. There were a lot of things on your list."

I made that excuse up as I was walking here to check out. For some reason I had a strong feeling that she would call me demanding where I was.

"You better get back here now! It's been hours and it almost curfew you stupid girl!! Your going to get us in trouble by the Alpha!" Her screaming was obnoxious and annoying. Seriously, she has some mad anger issues.

I smile at the cashier as she loads my bags into the cart.

"Yes I know Mother, I'm on my way now. I'll try and do better next time."

"No! No Iris! There will never be another time! You will never again leave this pack!"

"But-" I say quietly and I know she means it.

"No buts! This is unacceptable, pull this stunt with me again, and I will have you whipped by the Alpha King himself."

I snorted at that. As if you could get an Alpha to whip his own mate.

She hangs up soon after and I dread going home. I decide to take few more minutes of freedom and then I'm back into my mother's clutches. She really is a cruel woman.

Why couldn't she be more like my dad. He was a kind and loving person, the only one who actually cared about me. Well sort of. He was there when I needed him but all in all he just ignore me.

He just didn't know how to stand up against my Mother. He didn't know when to say no, or even kick her out of HIS house. Sadly it's the opposite, he gets kicked out by my Mom.

Just another reason why I couldn't wait to leave and get out of this stupid house.

I was blasting music on the way home and took the long way. The longer I could stall the longer it would be until I would have to deal with my Mother.

But yet again fates aren't on my side and I wouldn't be Iris if I didn't have anything else wrong with my life.

Mother's chubby face appears on the face of my phone. Answering it right away, I brace myself for some harsh comments.

"YOU BETTER GET HERE NOW!! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!" She hangs up immediately after that, leaving me stunned and annoyed.

When I get home, my dad is sitting on the couch watching golf.

Mother is pacing the floor and when she sees me, her face is redder then a tomato.

"You are in so much trouble." To be honest I really was. I should have watched the time. Mother said an hour, but it had been over four.

"This is why we barely let you leave as it is!" She stomps her foot like a freaking five year old.

"Yes Mother," I say, submissing to her by putting my head lower to the to ground .

"Go to your room! There will be no dinner or of you!" Her chocolate brown hand points to the stairs and pushes me.

As I'm half way up, she says something. "Do that again, and next time I won't be as nice." And I know she means it.

That night I curled up in a ball thinking of Grayson as my stomach craved and yearned for food.

~~~~

Okay that one was a very short one but I'm sorry because it's literally three am here and I'm exhausted.

So if there's errors here, I'm extremely sorry, I'll fix this later!

Okay see you guys!

Cake

Word count: 1172 words.