029. Family and Planning

Start from the beginning

"In my room. I don't need it." Tony raised his eyebrows at her answer.

"Well go get it. Your sister has been spamming me with messages and calls and I'm getting very pissed off." Gemini shook her head at his pathetic reasoning.

"She could do worse and you know that." She reminded him. He rolled his eyes before storming away. Gemini groaned before going onto FaceTime. Selecting the name on her recents, it began to ring.

Bucky snorted at Antoinette's name on the screen. "Should I ask why she's called that?"

Gemini shook her head. "Probably not, but best reason was she dressed as it for Halloween and gave me the worst anxiety attack for the first time in a long time."

"So she's nicknamed Pennywise on your phone now?" Gemini nodded. "What is it?"

"A fucking creepy clown from a very terrifying movie." Bucky nodded.

"So you're afraid of clowns, good to know." She nodded.

"Extremely. The other nickname's in the notes of her contact." Finally the oldest of the Braddock siblings answered a mixture of sour and pissed look on her face. "What do you want dearest sister of mine?" Bucky chuckled at her unfazed reaction to Toni's face.

"I'm having a really shitty day and I need my only sister to come cheer me up." Gemini gave her the most unamused look she could ever give her older sister.

"Are you serious?" She asked her. Antoinette stared at her threw the camera, nodding. "Come here then cause I'm not coming to you."

"Why? Cause you're too comfortable lying on Bucky?" Toni asked rhetorically. Bucky moved his head to the computer at the mention of his name. Gemini glared at the older woman. Antoinette let out a loud, long groan in annoyance. "Fine, I'll be round soon." She clicked off the FaceTime without another word.

Gemini looked back to Bucky. "Ignore her, she's always like that when she's grumpy." Bucky smirked before nodding.

"I wasn't listening for most of it in all honesty, I was just spaced out." He replied.

"What were you thinking about?" Bucky looked at her before shaking his head.

"I'll tell you later. You can go get ready for your sister if you want, I need to go find Steve, we're sparring." Gemini nodded, closing the lid to her laptop before placing it in the bag. She stood up, before walking in the direction of her room, smiling back at Bucky before she disappeared from sight.

Bucky felt terrible for lying to the woman. He had been listening/watching Gemini and her sister, he couldn't help it. His thoughts had drifted back to Gemini, he needed to figure out what to do. He needed help. He quickly stood up and went searching for his best friend of - literally - over ninety years: Steven Rogers.

|/\|/\|/\|

Antoinette knocked on the door to her sister's room before opening it. She stopped suddenly though to admire it. She'd never been in the room that Tony had designed for Gemini, she had to say she was beyond impressed with his talent for decor. 

Gemini looked up from her notebook and smiled to her sister. She greeted her with a small wave just as Toni sat down.

"Remind me to ask Tony if he can decorate my room. Damn the bastard has good style." Gemini giggled at her sisters reply.

Moving quickly on from the subject. "So what's up."

Antoinette sighed. "Work is stressing me out, not to mention Stephen always watching over my goddamn shoulder, criticising my every move. I swear if he does it one more time, I'm gonna stab him with a scalpel, superior to me or not, I'm sick of it." She complained.

"You don't normally seem to have a problem with it, so what else has happened?" Antoinette stared at her sister dumbfounded for a moment. "The only time you act this much in a shit mood is if one of your patients for a long time has gotten worse or died." She reminded her older sister.

Antoinette let out a small cry. "It's this little boy I've been helping. He's gotta be no less than ten - maybe eleven. He's got leukaemia and we all thought he was getting better. Hell, he seemed it...but then a few days later his body started just, rejecting everything, the chemo, the radiation...all of it just rejecting it. None of us could believe what was happening, I still can't. We can't help him, we can't cure him. He physically ca- ca- can't get better...He's, he's gonna d- d- die Gem, and I- I- I can't do anything to sa- sa- save him." Antoinette was sobbing by the end of it.

Gemini brought her sister into a hug, holding her as she cried, soaking Gemini's t-shirt with tears. Gemini never liked seeing her sister like this, so broken, defeated, so depressed. She hadn't seen Antoinette like this since the death of their father. It made Gemini wanted to take away her sister's pain in an instant, she knew she could - relatively try - to cope whereas Antoinette couldn't.

Once Gemini felt Toni stop crying, she pushed her up to look her in the eyes. "You know that this isn't your fault, you were so sure he was gonna be okay, but sadly he isn't. I know it's shitty, he's only young and he had his whole life ahead, but...you need to stay strong for him, you need to believe that this boy is gonna pull through. People do it every day, they prove the doctors wrong. This kid is fighter, he's gotta be. He's gonna fight to stay here and he'll win. I can feel it. Don't blame yourself for this because you are doing everything you can for that little boy, he's gonna be just fine. Do you wanna know why?" Toni sniffled before nodding. "Because this kid has got one of the best goddamn doctors I know looking after him."

Toni smiled at her sister at her compliment before hugging her, thanking her continuously. Toni always knew she had her sister for great advice, Gemini was always there for the woman, she was forever thankful for her. "I see what Joe means, you are the therapist." Gemini rolled her eyes making Toni laugh loudly.

"I get it, I give the advice like a therapist, let's stop with it. Now, my last diagnosis - hopefully - for the day, let's go in the living room and binge watch your favourite Disney films." Toni scoffed.

"Is your answer for everything depressing just to watch Disney movies." Gemini nodded. "That's probably the best idea you have. Now, let's go watch Lila and Stitch." Toni pulled the woman up as Gemini whistled to Dixon, who followed suit. 

The pair sat themselves on the couch, Dixon jumping onto Gemini's lap as they turned on the movie. Gemini turned to the silhouette out of the corner of her eye to see many of the Avengers slowly joining them. She noticed Bucky sit himself next to her. She moved into his warmth, resting her head on his shoulder as he hugged her into him. She smiled as she watched Tony stare at the TV from the floor in front of her, completely frozen. 

She nudged Bucky to show him. He chuckled slightly before they both turned their attention back to the screen, Dixon slowly making his way onto Bucky's lap instead. He looked to Steve who smirked at the man. Bucky nodded, he was going to do it soon.

He was going to ask Gemini Braddock on a date.

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoy this chapter

I hope you're excited for upcoming chapters

You all - kinda - know what Bucky's gonna do, just not in the way he's going to do it

He-he

The next chapter will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx