nineteen

"i understand. then you'd be able to understand how much i like you."

jeno awkwardly laughed. "i like you too jaemin. you're a great friend."

jaemin frowned. he really wanted to correct what jeno thought he meant, but decided that it wasn't the right time.

instead, jaemin pinched jeno's cheek and forced a sad smile. "jeno, you're so dense."

the action confused jeno, but he decided to just stay quiet.

after that, the two continued to walk in silence until they arrived at jaemin's home.

they were greeted by a doorman who accompanied them on the elevator. once they got to jaemin's floor, the doorman said goodbye to the two males and went back down to the first floor in the elevator.

"does he go in the elevator with everyone?"

jaemin shook his head. "i have a tendency to get lost because of all of the buttons on the elevator, so he takes me to my floor." jaemin smiled sheepishly after admitting that he gets lost in his own home.

jeno nodded and smiled.

once they got to jaemin's room which wasn't too far from the exit of the elevator, jaemin unlocked the door.

"hey, be careful with mark hyung. he's almost like an older brother to me. he's very... protective." jaemin whispered so only jeno could hear.

jeno nodded, slightly more nervous about meeting mark.

"jaemin-ah! did you buy the watermelon, that i told you to?" a male's voice echoed through the home.

jaemin shouted back, "i told you, they are no good if you buy them in fall!"

just as jaemin finished yelling, a blonde male walked out of one of the rooms in the hall. he was wearing a big t-shirt and pajama bottoms.

"who's this? you didn't tell me you were bringing anyone over." the male who jeno assumed was mark looked at jeno with a face that looked like a mixture of anger, confusion and annoyance.

"uh, this is jeno hyung. he-"

mark laughed. "is he the one you keep talking about?" he looked at jeno. "bro he literally screams whenever you text him."

"hey, shut up!" jaemin screamed and jeno couldn't help but laugh.