Chapter Four

MADISON'S POV

I have a mate and I don't know if I'm happy or terrified about it. My mom and dad always seemed to have this unspoken bond because they were mates. They seemed so happy. I've always wanted something like that. But I've observed Liam and he didn't seem like the snuggling, sweetheart type.

In fact, he seemed like the complete opposite. Whenever he caught me looking at him—which was often— he'd bump into me so hard it'd feel like my shoulder was dislocated or something.

He'd later find me in the library and apologize and tell me not to look at him. He'd make out with that Dakota girl when I was around and had zero consideration for my feelings.

The bullying died down completely thanks to the scene Tyler caused on our first day.

---

It was now spring and Liam still hadn't claimed me so I figured he never would. If he didn't want me, he could've just told me instead of lying to me. I'm just happy spring break is finally here. Tyler went to a party while I stayed home. I never liked parties they were too loud and sweaty. I sat in the living room reading when the front door opened.

"Maddy! Tyler!" A feminine voice yelled.

Mom! I got and ran to front lobby and embraced her.

"Mom, I missed you so much!" I yelled.

"I missed you too, sweetie. Sorry we were gone for so long." She said.

"No hug for your old man?" My dad's deep voice asked.

I looked past my mom and let her go and ran into my father's arms.

"Hi, daddy." I said.

"Hey, pumpkin." He said, kissing my forehead.

"Where's your brother?" Mom asked.

"He's at a party." I answered

"He left you here alone?!" My dad's voice boomed.

"Oh relax, James. This place is loaded with cameras." Mom said.

"I don't like the idea of her being alone, Kelly. It could be dangerous." Dad said.

My mom simply rolled her eyes and looked at me. "Sweetheart, start packing your things." She said in a soft, sweet voice.

The words I've heard my entire life. We moved around a lot but for some reason we always ended up back here in Blacksmith Falls. I nodded and walked upstairs to begin packing.

---

I woke up at 6:34am. It was something I've done since I was five. School or not. I don't know why. I showered and put on a red tank top and sweatpants. I straightened my hair and put everything into a box. I sat down on my bed and sighed. I'm finally getting a break from this hell town!

-------------------------------------------------

LIAM'S POV

Sunlight shined in my face, waking me up. I opened one eye to look at the time, 12:42pm, it read. I sighed and got up. I lazily walked to bathroom and got in the shower. When I got out I noticed something was off. It was quiet. Too quiet.

The mansion that was usually swarming with werewolves, but now it was dead silent. I brushed it off and got dressed. Out of no where, I felt a powerful presence and heard voices.

"Thanks for letting Madison and Tyler stay on your territory." A feminine voice said.

"Oh, it was an honor to host them." My mom say.

"Hope they didn't cause too much trouble." A deep voice said.

"That son of yours is quite the character." My dad said.

The deep voice chuckled. "Tell me something I don't know."

"Madison was angel." My mom said. "Must you leave so soon?"

"We're needed to assist a lone pack in Paris. We should be back in a year or two." The deep voice said.

"We just didn't wanna leave Tyler and Maddy." The woman said.

'Mate's leaving us.' Kamden whimpered.

Sadness consumed me. She can't leave! Before my mind could catch up with my body, I was running down the stairs.

"Madison can't leave!" I yelled, swinging my dad's office door open.

They all looked at me like I was crazy. Madison's dad, Alpha Foster, looked at me with a glare. "Why not?" His voice filled with authority.

"Umm... well you see, she's kind of my mate." I said rubbing my neck, looking down at the carpet.

"She's your what?!" Alpha Foster's voice boomed, making even my father cringe.

"James, calm down." His wife soothe.

"How long have you known?" My father asked.

"Since the first day she came." I said in a whisper.

"Why didn't you tell us?" My mom asked.

I couldn't tell them I was planning on rejecting her. I'd be a dead man for sure, but a little voice in the back of head was telling me to be honest. So I was. "I kind of, might've considered rejecting her... but I changed my mind." I said. "I realized she's actually really sweet and amazing and beautiful." The last part came unexpected but it was true. I had to do a project with her for physics and—

"No. You can't have my daughter." Was the the statement that cut my train of thought. I looked him lost for word. Maybe I didn't even deserve her.

"James, she's his mate." Luna Foster said.

"I don't care. He was going to reject her." He growled looked at me.

"Maybe he was just freaked out because she's human. You did the same thing with me."

"Yeah but I never considered rejecting you."

She glared at him and remained silent, speaking through mind link with him.

After a moment, he sighed and looked at me. "Fine, since she's your mate but we're still leaving. Perhaps by the time we return you'll be more mature." He said.

I nodded.

*A/N- Just a little heads up, the next chapter is gonna be really short. Sorry! ROUGHLY EDITED sorry for any mistakes. COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW, INBOX Thank you! Until next time beautiful people!

                       ♥ Chloe. J

Edited: February 12, 2018