Chapter Three

LIAM'S POV

My "mate" is a Foster! The greatest pack in history. My pack, Blood Moon, is the largest pack ever. We have connections everywhere but rogues still cross our boarders. The Fosters only consist of about 80 werewolves, but all natural born fighters. They're bred to kill. James Foster was the Alpha of Alphas and his daughter was my mate!

'I told you! Mate is special.' Kamden said.

'Shut up!' I growled.

'But she's special. She's a Foster.'

'She's human!'

'She comes from an Alpha. The Alphas. She's stronger than you think.'

'Yeah right.'

"Babe, you keep spacing out." Dakota said, straddling my lap.

Why does this feel wrong?

"Sorry. I just have a lot on my mind. Alpha stuff." I said.

"I hate seeing you so stressed out, baby." She said, pouting.

Someone knocked on the door before entering. "Sorry to interrupt. Liam, the Alpha would like to see you in his office." Kyle, the soon to be beta, said.

"Okay." I said, putting Dakota on the bed.

She pecked my lips and I walked out the room. I made my way to my dad's office where he was waiting.

"Shut the door and have a sit." He instructed. I did as told and sat down. "Have you found her, son?" He asked.

I sighed, knowing he was referring to my mate. He was eager for me to find her, but I was hoping Dakota was my mate. Well, there's no chance in that happening now.

"Son, you need-"

"I can mark Dakota." I cut him off.

"Dakota is a pack whore. She isn't fit to be an Alpha female!" He growled.

"I want Dakota!"

"It does matter what you want! The moon goddess has created someone special for you. She's like a missing piece of you. Nothing will be better than her."

I scoffed. "Yeah right." I stood up and turned to leave.

"If you move a single muscle, I'll happily give the Alpha position to Michael." He said, stopping me in my tracks.

Michael was a rouge that we took in. He was also an Alpha and had a mate but she was killed in the fight that slaughtered most of his pack and his parents. Now, only him and five other members of his pack remains. It was hard not to bumped head with him.

First off, he was a full Alpha and thought he could boss me around. Second, he was a year older than me and thought he was one of the elders that could offer me advice I didn't ask for. And lastly, he was a cocky, arrogant, bossy, dickhead who couldn't wait to take me down.

I looked at my dad. "Okay. I'll put more effort into finding her." I said. Even though I had already found her.

"Good. You're dismissed." He said.

I walked out his office and bumped into someone.

"My bad, buddy." The dickhead himself laughed as I nearly fell.

"Maybe you should take your head out of your ass and watch where the fuck you're going!" I yelled.

"Maybe your dad should've kept you in those anger management classes." He chuckled.

"Maybe my dad should've left your pack of mutts to fend for yourselves. Guess he doesn't make good decisions." I said.

He glared at me and I smirked and walked away.

---

I walked down the deserted halls at school. I had a free period and decided to go get something to eat. I froze when I smelled lavender and vanilla. I groaned. Why must she be everywhere? As I rounded the corner, I tripped over something and nearly fell but I caught myself. Thank god for werewolf reflexes.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." An angelic voice said in panic.

I whipped my head around to see who had almost tripped me when I see her. She stood up with a book in her hand. Why the hell isn't she in class?!

"Sorry. I didn't mean to almost make you fall. I was just sitting here and you-"

"Why aren't you in class anyway?" I cut her off for her ridiculous babbling.

"Your mom gave me a free period after looking over my academic records." She said softly, looking at her shoes.

"I'd appreciate you looking me in the eye when you talk to me." I said without thinking. Mistake number one.

She looked up slowly until I could see her big, beautiful, amber golden eyes.

'Wow her eyes are beautiful.' Kamden said in awe.

I couldn't argue with that. I could stare in them all day. Her eyes widened. Damn it! She knew! She quickly turned and walked, more like ran, away. Hey, I should be the one running. I ran after her and grabbed her wrist. Mistake number two. Sparks shot through my hand.

"I swear I won't tell anyone just let me go." She begged.

Wait. Did she not want to be my mate? Well that hurts. Damn I sound like a hypocrite. I was gonna reject her first and now I like her. Stupid mate pull.

"Look," I started. "I'm gonna need you to not tell anyone that we're mates. Not even your brother, okay?"

She looked down at her shoes. "You don't want me as your mate?" She asked in a sad tone.

Regret hit my like a ton of bricks. "No no. That's not what I meant. My dad doesn't know I even found my mate yet and I'd like to tell him first."

Her face lit up at this. Damn it! Why didn't I rejected the nerd when I had the chance?

'Because she's our mate and we love her.' Kamden said.

'You love her. I love-'

'Keep the slut's name to yourself. Mate is beautiful and innocent and pure. Unlike that ran through piece of trash you call girlfriend.'

Harsh wolf, I thought. What was I doing? Oh yeah, talking to the girl.

'Madison! Her name is Madison!' Kamden yelled.

'Whatever!'

"Anyway... Madison, I'm gonna need to stay far far away from me until I tell him. Like don't even look at me. I want him to be surprised." I said slowly.

She nodded.

"You can go back to your reading now." I said, walking away.

*A/N- I have an overall conflict but wait for a few chapters to find out what. Should I title my chapters? ROUGHLY EDITED sorry for any mistakes. COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW, INBOX Thank you! Until next Saturday beautiful people!

♥ Chloe. J

Edited: February 12, 2018