Chapter 21

"You think you can escape? That I won't find you? I will always find you, sweetheart. You can't escape! When I find you, I will kill you. And Tristan will be watching the entire time."

"No! I haven't done anything to you!" I scream.

I shake my head back and forth, backing away

"This is plain revenge," Aiden says, coming closer to me.

The entire scene changes, and I'm suddenly in the forest, running.

"I will always find you," a voice whispers.

"Babe, babe your fine," Tristan soothes, shaking me gently.

My eyes find his, and I force back tears. I've been having the same dream for two weeks now. When will I let it go? When will I accept that I escaped and am alive?

"Are you okay?" Tristan asks, lifting my chin so my eyes met his.

I nod, but it was a lie. If I was okay, I wouldn't be having the same nightmare every time I fall asleep.

I get up, walking to the bathroom. Brushing my teeth, I think of when I first got here two weeks ago.

There was lots of grief, but an equal amount of happiness. I was so excited to see my mom and dad and Miley. My friends. Even Tiffany. She still had that look of resent towards me, but she gave me a hug.

After two nights, Tristan moved me into his room. His wolf got restless, always wanting to check up on me.

I agreed happily, just wanting to be closer to Tristan at all times. I'd had nightmares every night, but I was too embarrassed to tell him or anyone.

"Hey, Alexa, you okay?" Tristan asks, close to the door.

I look in the mirror, sighing. No, I'm not okay. My skin is extremely pale and I have bags underneath my eyes. My hair is limp and dull, and don't even get me started on my eyes.

"Alexa, let me in," Tristan growls, banging on the door. It splits in the middle, and the waterworks start.

My tears spill on the floor as sobs wrack my body. I slide to the floor gasping for air and sobbing.
I will never be okay. I'll never be whole again.

The door bursts open and Tristan enters. His eyes were black, so I know that it was Xale. He'd come out a few times since I'd come back.

He picks me up, cradling me and drops me on the bed. It actually made me cry harder.

"You said you were okay," Xale growls.

"I-I lied. I'm n-n-not okay. Every...night, I have...nightmares about A-a-aiden getting m-me. H-he prob-b-bably will. I-I'm just a weak human," I tell him frantically.

"You will never be a weak human," Xale says.

"I'm not?" I ask, sniffling.

He smiles, and leans down to kiss me.

But I wasn't expecting what he did next.

I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my neck, and I know that Xale marked me.

"You're officially Luna now," Xale says, and I look up at him, noticing his eyes turning back to hazel.

"You marked me," I say, shocked. I don't know if I was happy or sad about this, and I didn't have time to thing, because I passed out.

////////\\\\\\\\

Tristan's POV

Did you seriously just mark her, I growl at Xale, watching as Alexa's eyes close.

Xale decides to ignore me, and a curse softly, not wanting to wake Alexa up.

I look at my mark, and see that it is a black wolf howling at a moon.

The Moon Goddess created a marl for each pair of wolves, and each one was different.

All it took was for the wolf to sink his teeth into the neck, and there it was. It didn't show unless the bite was on the neck.
Tristan, did you just mark her, Trent asks, mind-linking me.

When you mark the Luna, the entire pack feels it. It's described like getting water on a really hot water. 
Xale did, I reply, sighing.

The entire pack laughs, knowing I'll get a lot of yelling from Alexa when she awakes.
I feel sad for you, Cole says, laughing heavily.

I roll my eyes, cutting of the mind-link.

Laying down, I cover me and Alexa.

Pain radiated through my cheek, and my eyes snap open.

Alexa was sitting up, glaring at me.

"You marked me?"

"I'm sorry, it was Xale."

She pauses, then, a smile breaks across her face. She then kissed me, blowing me away.