08

November followed Scipio through the dark staircase - no, she was more like being dragged inside the dark. Weird sounds - hissing, growling and even some curses came into November's ears, giving November chills. Scipio was holding her wrist tightly, whispering lumos to lighten the surroundings. As the dim light from Scipio's wand spread across the staircase, November noticed some photo frames on the wall.

"Don't look at them." Scipio warned when November turned to look at them, as if he read her mind. His teeth were gritted and he was whispering, and when he murmured the hisses grew louder. The boy tightened his grip around her wrist, and held her hand, squeezing it. This was something dangerous, November understood by Scipio's grip. November didn't dare to look up - she just looked at the stairs, following Scipio to the exit.

And finally, a small but bright light blinded November's sight - the exit. Scipio whispered some peculiar words like he did before in the school library, and the door swung open. The door leaded them into a room - a bathroom, to be exact. Scip shut the door shut, and double checked it to make sure it was shut tight.

"Is this -"

"Ilvermorny." Scipio smiled, looking at November.

"Blimey- what is this place?" November asked, surprised. Then she looked at the book Scipio was still holding in his hand. "Did that book do all, you know, this?"

Sure, November was a witch, and she knew that from a young age. She saw a lot of peculiar spells and books, but this was beyond peculiar. She was somewhat scared, frightened but excited at the same time.

Scipio lowered his body to match his eyes with November's, and grabbed her shoulders in an assuring way. "November, I did this because I believe you, you must know that. Nobody can know this, especially no one in the U.K." November swallowed, nodding furiously. "I don't know why, but I really wanted to share this little secret of mine with you. I think something in you made me think that you are trust worthy. Can you promise me that you will never tell anything about this to anyone if I tell you what's happening?"

November nodded once again, and Scipio smiled a relaxed smile.

"I knew I could believe you." He said, removing his eyes from hers as he straightened his body. "This book is a very special book that comes down in my family."

November shot him a curious look - a magical book coming down in a muggle family? That was not common - it wasn't possible.

"I know what you're thinking," Scipio smiled again, reading her mind. "but I'm not a muggleborn. I'm not who you think I am."

Leaving November with thousands of questions, Scipio smirked a little bit and wandered around the bathroom. Between some snow-white towels, he pulled out two deep blue robes. Handing one of them to November, who was still struck with curiosity, Scipio explained what the robes were.

"These are Ilvermorny uniforms. Don't you want to take a look around Ilvermorny?" He asked.

"Sure." November said, taking the robe. She pulled off her black and green Slytherin robe, and put on the unfamiliar uniform. The girl buttoned the robe all the way to her neck, so it could hide the Hogwarts uniform inside. Scipio headed to the exit without any warning, and the door opened as it let a stray of sunlight inside the dark bathroom.

Ilvermorny was absolutely beautiful - the ceiling was transparent, the walls were white and gold and the students with navy and red robes were chatting busily as they passed the hallways.

"I'll explain as we walk," Scipio said, as he gestured towards November to hold his hand. "Shall we?" November took his hand, following him through the luxury hallway.