01

Standing in front of a brick pillar, November tightened her grip on her cart. Her cat, Jay was looking at her as if he knew what was about to happen. November ran towards the brick pillar, never being used to the feeling. The feeling of going into a brick wall, yes, but also the feeling of heading to somewhere that seemed like it was never welcoming her. As she opened her eyes, she heard a engine of the red-brown train cooing in a cheerful tone. November also noticed some familiar faces, new faces and even smelled the familiar scent of magic.

"Nov!" She heard a familiar voice from behind, and turned around to see her best friend, Magdalen Rose. Magdalen's hair was painted in bright blue, as it dangled from her top of her head to her chin.

"Is it blue this year?" November smiled, touching Magdalen's freshly-dyed hair with her free hand.

"Yeah. I mean, I really wanted to color it rainbow, but I'm keeping that for the final year." Magdalen shrugged. "Can you believe that we're in the sixth grade now?"

"I know, right? How did I survive in that place?" November sighed, gazing at the train. People were climbing on the train one by one, as the sound of the engine got louder and louder. "I hope Professor Dippet admits that the sorting hat was joking."

On the first day of Hogwarts, November sat on the special chair, in front of every single person in Hogwarts - just like everyone did. Her small head was covered by the talking hat, like every single new student did, but after the hat screamed "Slytherin!", everything changed. It made her different from everyone. Well, everyone except for maybe Magdalen. Magdalen was sorted into Ravenclaw that very day, but was never the Ravenclaw type. November was never the Slytherin type. She was loyal, patient, and fair. It was not her that found herself uncomfortable in the house. All her fellow Slytherins and even students from other houses thought she was too soft to be Slytherin. November was never the leader type, never too ambitious.

"Seriously? It's been five years. Move on." The two girls twirled around as they heard another familiar voice. Xyline Ollivander was moving towards the two girls, pushing her own cart with her pitch-black owl turning her head on it.

"Easy for you to say. No one says that you don't belong to your house." November snapped. "You're smart, creative and witty. That explains why the sorting hat put you in Ravenclaw!" November and Magdalen was absolutely envying Xyline.

"You're flattering me." Xyline said, smirking at her friends.

"We really hate you, perfect girl." Magdalen joked, but Xyline didn't seem to care.

"I love you too." Xyline replied sarcastically, and looked at the noisy train. "Don't you think we should get in by now?"

"You're right, we should." November was already pushing her cart again, with Xyline and Magdalen following her.

"Anything off the trolley girls?" Said a joyful voice outside the doors, when the girls were so into their conversation about the last Quidditch match.

"No thank you, I ate too much breakfast." Magdalen said politely, rubbing her full stomach. November giggled at her friend's humorous face expression, making Magdalen make even worse faces.

"I would like three chocolate frogs." Xyline said, ignoring her friends rubbing all over the train.

"Three chocolate frogs, there you go." The trolley woman said kindly, handing Xyline three chocolate frogs. "That would be one galleon." Xyline opened her purse, which was filled with gold and silver coins. After Xyline and the woman traded money and chocolates perfectly, the trolley woman went off, opening the next door.