Nights Like This (Cesar)

(Play Nights Like This by Kehlani while reading this imagine ❤️)

You act like you need remindin'

Tryna do it over, bring it back and rewind it

But all that glitters isn't gold, I was blinded

Should have never gave you my heart on consignment

You walked into a 50's theme restaurant named Paris & Me and went into the kitchen to start work. You were a waitress.

Cesar really messes things up now. One day once he wants you and next, he's into Olivia. You were so done with the back and forth so you broke up with him. It's been officially two weeks since you broke up with him.

You're getting better but it still hurts to see your ex-boyfriend being interested in another girl in front of your face. Touching her, teasing her, all the things he used to do to you before he does it to somebody else.

And I can't believe the lies that I went for

Thought you was mine, but you decided to be with him though

You took my feelings and just threw 'em out the window

Feel like it's too hard to fall in love again, no

You took off your bag as you entered the lounge room for staff. You tie your white apron and put your hair in a ponytail as you start to walk back into the main building of the restaurant.

You took a look around to see people eating, talking, and having fun with their loved ones.

"It's packed tonight." you quietly said to yourself and turn your head to the right to see a couple looking deep into their eyes while drinking a chocolate milkshake together with two straws.

"Okay, time to get to work." you said quietly to yourself and shake your head to ignore your thoughts.

You took out your phone and wireless earbuds from the back of your pocket. You wrap your earbuds around your neck and turn them on. You go to your music app, and press play from the part you stop the song.

On some nights like this, shawty, I can't help but think of us

I've been reminiscin', sippin', missin' ya

Can you tell me what's with all this distant love?

If I called, would you pick it up?

You sang quietly as you clean tables with a washcloth.

You start getting a call on your phone that interrupts your music. You thought it was Cesar ready to say sorry but turns out it was Monse.

You were a bit disappointed but you ignored your feelings and picked up the phone.

"Hey girl. How are you holding up?" asked Monse.

"I'm fine. Nothing new. Just cleaning tables at work." you said to the mic of your earbuds so Monse can hear you.

"You don't sound okay. What happened?" asked Monse.

"Nothing. I just thought your phone call was Cesar calling to meet somewhere and saying sorry but other than that, I'm great!" you said with a fake smile.

"Y/N, I can literally see you doing the fake smile right now. Look, get over him. He ain't worth it. You better off without him and you know that." said Monse.

"Yeah I know. Hey, I gotta go. My boss is calling me. See you at school tomorrow?" you said as you put the cleaning supplies away.

"Yeah, totally. See you tomorrow, Y/N." said Monse.