one

"Lily, Get up! It's time for school! We leave in 20 minutes!" I groaned, rolling towards the edge of my bed.

"I'm up," I grumbled to myself.

"LILY!" My twin brother, Shawn, yelled from downstairs. We're not identical--fraternal actually, but you wouldn't even think we were twins.

"Dammit, I'm coming down in a few! Chill your ass, would ya?" I angrily shot back. I could hear my parents laughing at my brother.

Thankfully, we have chill parents. My dad works as a producer in the music industry, while my mom is a music teacher, so you could say music runs in our veins; Shawn and I have been around music since we were five.

I groggily trotted to my conjoined bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I brushed through my hair, letting my natural waves fall loosely behind my back. Once finished, I applied my minimal everyday makeup, which consisted of: eyeliner, mascara, filling in my eyebrows, and chapstick. I opened the door to my small walk-in closet and pulled out a pair of distressed high waisted boyfriend jeans, a grey tee with cuffed sleeves, and a pair of low cut chucks.

I headed downstairs and into the kitchen where I was greeted by my family. I opened the refrigerator, grabbing a water bottle and sitting next to my brother.

"Mornin', darling!" My mother chirped.

"Morning, mom," I kissed her cheek. "And good morning to you, pops." and kissed my dad's cheek.

"Morning pumpkin." He smiled.

"I'm impressed sis, you got ready in 6 minutes tops," Shawn laughed.

"New record or what?" I giggled and nudged his arm.

He chuckled, "Totally. Are you ready to go?" I nodded and grabbed a piece of bacon and a waffle.

We headed out the door, "Bye mom, bye dad!" But were greeted by the warm LA weather.

"Bye kids! Love you!"

We hopped into my Jeep--I of course driving, heading to school. It was a ten minute drive, and during that time Shawn and I blasted Ed Sheeran, singing along. Arriving at school shortly, I was lucky enough to find a parking spot since so many juniors and seniors here drove.

We hopped out and greeted our friends. All of us have been together since first grade and we were practically family. There are ten of us, including Shawn and I. It was Matt, Nash, Cameron, Serena, Blair, Jack J., Jack G., and Sammy. I've had a crush on Sam for a while, but I know there was no hope considering he's one of my best friends. He's recently been with this one girl for a few weeks, but we didn't bother asking him about her because he was never one to commit.

"LILLLLYYYYY!" Jack G. screamed.

"Hey G!" I hugged him tightly. Jack let go first, but slung his arm over my shoulders.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Sam eyeing G. I turned my head toward Sammy's gaze, and to my surprise--not really--he was with his girlfriend, for the moment that is.

I casually waved, not at all phased because our group knows his way around girls. He waved back, a grin on his face. The girl under his arm looked to my direction and glared at me. I laughed and flipped her off, earning a loud laugh from Sam.

I laughed and attracted the attention of my friends. "What are you laughing about Lil?" Matt quirked.

"Why don't you look for yourselves," I pointed to Sammy's direction.

"I'm still confused," Nash piped up. "What exactly about Sam were you laughing at?"

I rolled my eyes, "I waved at Sammy, caught the attention of his fuck buddy and she glared at me. So I just did what any another person might have, I flipped her off."