Chapter 55 - Weaponized

Start from the beginning

We hear Malia's voice as soon as she's in the doorway "We found Satomi's pack, Derek and I– but they're dead."

Scott looks to us and back to her as he takes a step towards her to clarify "All of them?"

Malia looks between us before she digresses "All the ones we found."

I make a noise, gaining her attention "Then where's Derek?"

She licks her lips quickly and fills us in "He found Braedon there too and took her to the hospital, she was shot and her pulse was weak."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

At school the next morning, we are waiting in line out in the hallway for them to let us inside the class for us to take the PSAT's.

Kira looks around our group and shakes her head "Where's Lydia?"

"She took it her freshman year." I fill in absentmindedly and Stiles makes a noise flicking his eyes down to me "As did you my love, yet here you are..."

Scott scoffs with a shake of his head "That's because she's weird and loves tests"

"I do not– I just want to suffer through it again with you guys" I deny before I stick my tongue out at both of them.

They share a chuckle before I roll my eyes and turn to Malia when she rushes out "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?"

Scott turns to reassure her "Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us."

Malia worriedly looks between us before she grumbles "Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good."

"Well..." Stiles corrects and I tilt my head to the side to level him with a look but why?

Malia shakes her head waiting for him to continue when she states slowly "Well, what?"

Realizing he shouldn't but still does, Stiles nods his head to the side– reluctantly filling her in "It's do well, not good."

"Oh, God!" Malia exclaims as I turn to Stiles with my grimace "Wonderful impersonation of Ross sweets, but stop it" I mutter through clenched teeth.

Scott chuckles and continues towards Malia, "You're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college– a good college."

"It's only three hours. We can survive three hours." Kira lightly offers and Stiles throws her a why did you have to say that look.

I snicker into his shoulder as I wrap my arms around his middle, feeling him wrap his around my back as well to get some snuggles in before it's test time.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

We walk into the classroom, adding our thumb prints to a paper before being handed a booklet and pencil from a creepster dude while Lydia's mom reaches envelopes out to us "Cell phone in the envelope, Scott. You'll get it back after the test."

Scott does as instructed and moves to take his seat when I walk up to Ms. Martin and do the same with my phone.

I move down one aisle to sit next to Scott, Stiles sits behind me, squeezing my shoulder on his way. 

I smile over my shoulder at him as he takes his seat, earning a wink sent my way before I face forward again.

Malia sits in front of me and I offer her a you totally got this smile while Kira sits in front of Scott.