3

- MCCARTNEY BOWIE -

Today would be the first time Paul visited John at home. He had officially made it into the Quarrymen and John wanted to run through some things with him before they began the shows together.

Diana looked up from Johns Elvis magazine to see him peacefully sitting at his desk drawing, "wouldn't it be funny if your Aunt Mimi thought he was tacky and turned him away just like she did with Robert"

She heard him let out a small chuckle and mumble something unrecognisable before turning back down to his sketches.

Moments later a soft knock was heard at the front door, causing both John and Diana to stare at each other and roll their eyes and laugh in unison before rushing to Johns bedroom window.

"Did you even bother telling him Mimi doesn't open the front door?" Diana asked as Paul continued to knock, "actually I feel bad John, let him in"

John nodded before opening the bedroom window, knowing damn well he wouldn't be able to sneak Paul past Mimi- and she of course wouldn't let any strangers, unless she's met them, in under any circumstances.

"Paul, we don't use the front door, you need to go around the back, my aunty'll meet you there"

The two watched as Paul nodded with uncertainty before walking sheepishly around the side of Mendips where he would be greeted by Mimi, who ensured Paul was given some sort of inspection before entering the house. Fortunately, Mimi took a pleasing to the 15 year old for his soft accent and clean clothing, something his mother Mary always taught him to have as a young child.

He and his guitar made their way up the stairs and down the corridor to where John and Diana were sitting patiently for him, "suppose it went well then?"

"I think so" Paul answered with a small grin, "ready to practice?"

John nodded as he stood with his guitar in hand, "we'll have to do it in the entrance, we aren't allowed to practice anywhere else" he sighed, "Diana you can help us write lyrics to some melody's we come up with, it's always good to have a little help from our friends, i'll pay you back when i'm rich and famous" he smiled cheekily.

The three took their seats in the cramped space between the front doors. Diana began writing some small lyrics and chords as Paul continued to show John new riffs and chords on a guitar, as his mother, Julia, had only ever taught him on a four stringed banjo.

The boys had stopped practicing for awhile, since it had been just over an hour already, and were taking a look at some of the work Diana had produced and seeming impressed, both trying out and changing certain things throughout.

After around twenty minutes the boys got back to practicing again the songs through and through again. Going over most songs the Quarrymen previously sang as well as producing some new ones. Paul had left to go meet his dad for dinner around quarter-of-an-hour ago and Diana had just left after saying her goodbyes to both Mimi and John.

Though later during the night, Paul couldn't help but realise how close John and Diana had seemed when speaking, he didn't know whether they were in some kind of relationship or close friendship, but either way it made him feel jealous and hurt, despite barely knowing the girl. Something about her just appealed to him like no other.

- MCCARTNEY BOWIE -