11

Rebecca's POV

Melody Quin and I enter Jessica's house. One of only a handful of houses that remained untouched by the seven tornadoes that touched down a little over a month ago.Hard to believe it was already November.Our dogs and cat come running to us as we enter the living room.

Colby's POV

Harmony and I walk into the FEMA trailer that sat on our property where our house once stood.I still can't believe we no longer had a house. Joe and Gianna had gone out and with their own money bought Harmony clothes and toys as well as me clothes. Everyone also chipped in and bought us furniture,bedding and all the essential things we could need.
"Daddy are we ever going to have a house again?" asks Harmony as we go into the "living room" area.
"We will sweetie pie," I said as I put our hospital bags down.
Joe followed behind us with his bags. He was going to stay with us for a few days until we are back on our feet.
"Uncle Joe?" asks Harmony.
"Yes Baby Girl?" he says.
"Can we play Monopoly?"
" Sure, "he said with a smile as he opened one bag "You're lucky I brought it. But be aware I will kick your butt," he said with a smile.
"No you won't," said Harmony shaking her head her pig tails flopping back and forth.
"Is that so?" said Joe with a smile and standing up "You are so on!!"
" Good luck, "said Harmony turning on her heel and marching to the "kitchen" area.
Joe laughs and shakes his head. He walks to the kitchen area as well as my Mom enters the trailer with her bags.
"Mom you don't have to be here," I said "We got Joe."
" I know I don't have to be here but I want to be here, "said my Mom.
" Gammy Uncle Joe and I are playing Monopoly come play!! "said Harmony.

Rebecca's POV

I sit carefully onto Jessica's couch.
" Don't worry Jess,Melody Quin and I won't be here long, "I said adjusting myself to look at her.
Jessica stared at me for a moment "Bex stay as long as you need to get back on your feet. If it takes one month or ten years I don't care."
I sigh "Thanks Jess."
" What are sisters for? "she ask as she sat down beside me.
Melody Quin comes into the living room with Binx, Hershey Kiss and Fluff Ball close at her heels.
" Mommy? "said Melody Quin "Can we go see Harmony?"
" Honey we all just got out of the hospital today! How about we give them time to settle into their new home, " I said.

Colby's POV

"Daddy can we go see Melody Quin and her Mommy?" asks Harmony after she well kicked Joe's ass in Monopoly.
As he sat there muttering "I got beat by a five year old."
" Harm they just got out of the hospital like we did. Plus they just got to her Aunt's house  and they are seeing their dogs and cat for the first time in a month, "I said.
" But Daddy I miss her, "said Harmony as her bottom lip quivered.
" Harm honey, "I said as I did my best to kneel. Joe still shaking his head and saying I got beat by a five year old  helps me down "We have to give them both time and us some time."
" Please Daddy, "said Harmony hitting me with those eyes. I caved and grab my cell phone from the back pocket of my jeans.
I find Rebecca's number and call her.
" Hello? "she said after a few rings.
" Hello, "I said "Look I wouldn't be doing this but Harmony wants to see Melody Quin."
" Well Melody Quin wants to see Harmony, "said Rebecca.
" So what do you want to do? "I ask secretly hoping she would say come on over.
"How about we have lunch tomorrow say about noon?" she said "I will text you Jessica's address.
" Ok we will see you tomorrow afternoon, "I said "Bye."
" Bye, "said Rebecca hanging up.
I toss my phone onto my duffle bag.
" Well sweetie we will see Melody Quin and her Mommy tomorrow for lunch," I said.
"Thank you Daddy," said Harmony with a hug and yawn.
"Ok go get ready for bed," I said.
"But Daddy," pouted Harmony.
"Harmony Leigh," I said sternly.
"Fine," sighed Harmony as she followed her Grandmother to the room she and Gianna set up for Harmony.
Joe helps me up.
"So this Rebecca must be something huh?"
" Why would you say that? "I ask as I lower myself to the couch.
" Oh gee, "said Joe sitting next to me "The goofy look you got on your face when talking to her?"
" I didn't get a goofy face, "I said "I may have smiled but that was it. Fuck sakes Joe the four of us went threw hell and back and are here to talk about it.We have a bond now."
Joe held up his hands in surrender "Okay Okay. I understand ."