LWFG: In a Nutshell

LO$E WEIGHT FOR GOOD (in a nutshell...)

Whenever I would read books on dieting I'd desperately wish the author would cut to the chase. Just get to the point would ya? I'd skim through all the blah, blah, blah to get to the how to of the diet. Since I'm so witty and interesting, I'm sure you loved all my playful banter. However since some of you may still want to skip to the chase, here you go:

1) Stop eating things you shouldn't be eating in the first place. The foods you should avoid are those far from their natural state. You don't read a list of ingredients on the back of an orange do you? If in doubt, just read the back of the food package. Are there more than three ingredients? Are they hard to pronounce? Are there food dyes and or preservatives? Lard? Sugar substitutes such as aspartame? Um... you wouldn't choose to eat poison, would you? Put down the food inside the cardboard box, (more than likely wrapped in crinkly paper) and peel a banana or something.

2) Before you do eat ask yourself, "Am I truly hungry?" If not, think of those who are hungry. Remember the 26,000+ people who will die today due to hunger and hunger-related illnesses. Say a prayer for them and back away from the fridge and or pantry until you are actually hungry. Have a glass of water and thank God that you even have clean water to drink.

3) Remember that you save money by not eating fake food. Here's a short quiz: What costs more--an avocado or a jar of cheese? (Oh, any brand you like... I'll wait while you Google it.) How about an orange and a glass of almond milk compared to a can of chocolate diet drink? Slim Quicky or whatever--you get the point. The amount of money wasted on low or NO nutrition foods and or supposed diet foods is outrageous! Don't get me started on tummy tucks, liposuction and the like. It's simple math, friends. Skipping junk food = saving money.

4) Eating less and or less complicated saves you excess pounds. Oh, a calorie is just a calorie is it? Well, certainly a candy bar may have the same calories as--say a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with a dab of mayo and sprouts BUT how far will it get you? How hungry will you be an hour from now? Although a candy bar may claim to be satisfying it will leave you hanging and nutritionally challenged in no time at all. When you only eat when you are hungry and eat to live you will eat less. When you eat less and have the energy to move more you will lose weight. It's that simple, folks.

5) Give away excess fat, uh... I mean food money to save a life, (and possibly many.) Okay, so say you've saved yourself from eating 3500 calories in one week. (That's only cutting back your calories by 500 calories a day!) I'll remind you of our simple calculation. A candy bar has roughly 250 calories and costs (on the conservative side) fifty cents. Now 3500 calories divided by 250 = 14 x 50 cents = $7. Would you spend $7 to lose a pound? I know I would! Would you give away $70 to lose ten pounds? Of course you would! (Much cheaper than liposuction I assure you!) Now here's the fun part; find a specific charity you trust. Personally I like Voice of the Martyrs, Samaritan's Purse or World Vision. These are charities I've researched. Research your own online or give to a local food bank--or even a family who is out of work! The people in need are out there. If you'd like put it in a special "mission trip" savings account and go to Haiti (or wherever) and help out. Build an orphanage or a school or buy school supplies for a kid who has nothing. The point is to DO something! You can lose weight for good as well as change the world for good.

6) Spread the "Lose Weight for Good" message with others. There was a hair product commercial on in the 70s with the follow motto, "Tell two people, who tell two people who tell two people..." Okay this was to sell shampoo! Imagine if we did this to feed people! Seriously, if the fatties (or future former fatties) of the world unite and tell two people, who tell two people who tell two people... And if each of those two people saved only $25 a month, in just ten generations it would equal 2,048 people using this simple "love your neighbor" system and a whopping $51,200 going to charity! Listen to this--it gets better! Now imagine just ten more generations of two people telling two people it would mean $52,428,800 for the hungry EVERY MONTH! I need to say the amount again--fifty two million, four hundred, twenty-eight thousand, eight hundred dollars A MONTH!!!! And that's the result of telling only two friends how to do this system! I don't want a penny of it! You can give your money to whomever you wish. Just don't be selfish, don't be lazy. People are starving and together we can help them!

7) Since I like repeating myself... A calorie is a calorie no matter where you live. Remember the "candy bar converter!" For every 250 calories you skip on purpose give fifty cents to the hungry! Save 50 cents for your family! Easy peasy!

"It's not that hard." DL Sheron