trapped

yasmin

As I threw a hand full of goldfish into my mouth, I read over my script. I was honestly drained, emotionally and physically. I was on set for a vogue shoot, but I'd begin shooting for the movie I was going to be in, in about a week. So any last second I had was dedicated to reading through this thing.

I heard the door to my dressing room open from behind me, I kept my eyes focused on my reading. "That wasn't even half of ten minutes." I spoke to whoever was trying to sell me short of my water break.

"So even on break, you can't find the time to hit me back?" Drake's voice sounded. How he even knew where to find me was beyond me.

"Hi." I spoke, looking at him through the mirror in front of me for a seconds before turning back to my bowl of goldfish.

"That's all I get?" he laughed, closing the door behind him.

"Aubrey, I'm working." I shrugged. I wasn't really sure. I had been avoiding him for a week now. You'd think he'd get the point. "How did you even get here."

"Kendall told me where you were. Apparently, she's as clueless as me as to what's going on with you. Usually I could get a lil hint from the press but you been MIA."

"Nothing's going on with me." I shook my head.

"Hey talk to me mami." he spoke softly taking a seat on the couch to the side of me. "I'm not your enemy."

I felt bad. I didn't mean to be playing him. I just really couldn't be focused on nothing that would only be temporary. I mean, look at my life right now.

My kid brother can't keep his dick in his pants. And I'm not tryna have a little another Jaxon around.

Keem and Carolina are a mess and I'm dragged out to places I don't wanna be late at night, because Carolina can't stand to sit in the house or she'll start crying cause she miss Keem.

I'm still in love with my ex, who I know is no good for me.

And on top of it all, my bestfriend has my other bestfriend thinking she's pregnant with his baby, yet all along it's really the baby of my older brother's sworn enemy.

But, who's complaining?

No matter how far I went and for how long, this city would always bring me back. I swear it was gon be my downfall.

"I'm just tired.."

"Tired of what baby?" he sighed.

"Tired of you calling me that." I bluntly spoke.

"Huh?"

"I just—I thought I was ready but I'm not Drake. I'm just not ready for anything, or anyone. It's not me, it's you."

He let out a laugh and I realized what I had said. "Shit I mean, it's not you, it's—"

"I feel you Yas, don't worry." he laughed again. "If time is what you want, I can give you that. But I'm not letting you slip."

"It's not time... You honestly deserve better." I wasn't sure how to say I don't want you without said 'I don't want you.'

"You love that ball nigga don't you?" he sighed.

"I didn't say that."

"You ain't have to." he stood to his feet, and so did I. I moved in front of him.

"I'm sorry."

He smiled down at me. He shocked me by leaning forward and drawing my lips into a kiss. But, I kissed him back.