Chapter 19: Saving Asses

“Who?” Sebastian’s face was awash with dark anger; he looked scary but I was too frustrated and pissed-off to feel intimidated.

“Chloe James, Justin Bridges and possibly some stable-hand working for you.” I snapped bitterly making a point to emphasise the word.

“Clean your horse, make sure she’s O.K and then meet me in my office.” Sebastian ground out through clenched teeth; his attractive features contorting angrily as he turned on his foot and slammed his office door shut.

Feeling slightly better I strode to the wash-stalls with confidence.

As I washed the paint out of Winter’s coat I made a promise too her that today would be the last day any of them would bother us and that something this horrendous would never, ever happen again.

After Winter was scrubbed clean, had a thorough health check from me and had eaten three apples I turned her into her stall and strode to Sebastian’s office.

Several competitors were already gathering in the stable and they too gave me long, confused looks about the dried red paint still on my clothes but I didn’t stop and chat, I continued walking with my head held high toward his office.

When I opened the office door Chloe, Justin and Sebastian were all sitting in strained silence. Sebastian’s face was dark with rage yet the two others looked beyond confused; especially since I arrived wearing red paint.

I took the open sit beside Chloe who visibly stiffened when I did.

“Miss Thyme has a very troubling accusation about you two.” Sebastian bit out; I could tell he was trying to contain his rage. “She claims you both bullied her consistently and now you’ve both apparently vandalised my horse.”

I realized then although I thought of Winter as my own she really did belong to Sebastian and to the academy. Which made it even worse.

Chloe let out a noise.

“Since we have no real proof I’ll let you both explain yourself.” Sebastian’s eyes glinted coolly at the pair before him.

“Listen it’s true we both bullied Blair but…” Justin began.

“We didn’t paint Winter.” Chloe cut Justin off; her voice wavering and cracking slightly.

I had to fight to not roll my eyes.

“We couldn’t go through with that; that’s where we drew the line.” Justin’s voice was much clearer than Chloe’s and he seemed more level than the brunette whom was swiping at her chocolate colored eyes.

“Obviously not if Winter still ended up being a part of your sick game.” I spat out.

“Blair, Coach p-please. You have to understand we didn’t do that.” Chloe was nearly sobbing as she turned to stare pleadingly at me; I had to look away.

“Then who did.” Sebastian was nearly yelling.

“Gemma.” Justin muttered.

Sebastian’s composed anger fell to disbelief.

A spark of interest ignited within me and I found myself turning toward the dark haired boy.

“Gemma wanted us to sabotage Blair in the competition.” Justin continued.

“You’d have me believe one of my employees and one of Briarwood’s student’s would do something like this?” Sebastian growled.

Wait what? A tidal wave of confusion crashed upon me and I spun to face Sebastian, my emotions going ballistic within me. Gemma was a Briarwood student?