Chapter XVII

Fifth Year

September 1st, 1986

Aspen held her Uncle's hand as he helped her out of the MInistry provided car. Today Aspen Malfoy along with Bill Weasley and Marie Rosier.

Aspen would be taking nine O.W.Ls this year with her normal classes being Astronomy, Charms, Potion, Transfiguration, Herbology, and History of Magic. Then she would be taking Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies, and Ancient Runes.

"Are you all set?" Lucius Malfoy asked Aspen who nodded.

"Yes, Uncle. I have all my things plus the money you've given me." Aspen said and Lucius smiled before he grabbed a part of her trolley and the pair walked through the barrier.

"Remember to take it easy this year. You are taking nine O.W.Ls. I do not want to get a letter saying you've passed out in the hall again." Lucius said as he helped Aspen load her things onto the train.

"I promise. I even have Bill and Marie with me and I told them to do whatever they need to in order to get me to relax." Aspen said with a laugh earning her Uncle to give her one of his rare smiles.

"I may not like that boy's blood status but I am really happy he makes you happy." He said before someone cleared their throat and the pair looked to see Oscar, Abigail, and Oliver standing there.

"Oliver! What do you think of the train?" Aspen asked and Oliver Wood gazed over the train and grinned.

"It's wicked! What's that pin on your sweater?"

"Oh! I'm a Prefect! I'll be patrolling the castle and I can give and take away points from all the houses." Aspen explained as she looked towards her father who smiled.

"That is wonderful Aspen! Did you know your mum was a Prefect?" Oliver said earning Lucius to roll her eyes.

"To this day I still do not know-how. She broke almost all the rooms all the time." He said and Aspen let out a laugh before she saw her step-mother glaring.

"I always knew you weren't going to like me. But you can at least pretend." Aspen hissed before she turned to her Uncle who beamed at her with such pride.

"I have to get on board Uncle. I have to find Bill and tell him we have a Prefect meeting." Aspen explained and Lucius nodded before he bent down and kissed Aspen's cheek.

"Alright, write to me by the end of the week and let me know how your classes are going. If you need anything I will be there." He said and Aspen nodded.

"I'll see you for Christmas Break." She said before she quickly got onto the train and began looking for the two red hair Weasley brothers. Before she could look in a compartment someone's hand shot out of one and dragged her in.

"Charlie! You almost gave me a bloody heart attack!" Aspen yelled as she saw the long red hair.

"You looked lost! Thought I should help," Charlie said as he started laughing.

"Leave my girl alone Charlie. Before I tell her who you were snogging over the summer." Bill said and Aspen turned only to have to look up.

"You grew," She whispered and Bill chuckled.

"Growth spurt. Mum thought something was wrong." He said before he wrapped his arms around Aspen and held her close.

"Are you alright?"

"I am now that you are here." She said and Charlie let out a gagging sound.

"I think I am going to barf,"