Chapter XV

Summer Love

July 6th, 1986

Aspen let out a laugh as she stepped out of the Leaky Cauldron with both Oliver and Bill.

"So what's Hogwarts like?" Oliver asked as they walked towards the bank.

"It's pretty amazing. The staircases move and some of the portraits speak to us. Plus we have a house ghost." Bill explained and Oliver stared at Bill in amazement.

"I think I'll be in Gryffindor like my mum and dad and now my sister," Oliver said and Aspen smiled at her brother before she handed the key over to the goblin to take money out of her account.

"And for you?" The goblin asked Oliver who proudly handed his key over.

"What are you most excited about?" Bill asked as he laced his fingers with Aspen who smiled softly at him before grabbing her key and little pouch from the goblin's hand.

"Quidditch! My dad was on the Gryffindor team when he was at Hogwarts, he was the Keeper. But they said only second years and above can play."

"That is true. But Oscar isn't your only family member on the Quidditch team. I made the team during my fourth year." Aspen explained and Oliver grinned at his sister before turning to Bill.

"Are you on the team?"

"No, but my little brother Charlie is. He is a fourth-year this year." Bill explained before the three of them walked out of the bank and into Diagon Alley.

"Hey, Oliver!" A voice called out and Aspen watched her little brother waved to his friends.

"You can go, just meet Bill and me back at the Leaky Cauldron in three hours. We have to take you home." Aspen said and Oliver nodded before he rushed over with his friends.

Aspen turned to Bill before throwing her arms around him and hugging him.

"Woah, what's the hug for?" Bill asked as he hugged Aspen back.

"I've missed you and I know you wanted to hang out today but Oscar wants Oliver and I to get to know one another better."

"And that is perfectly understandable. You have a brother now Aspen." Bill said as they turned one of the corners and began walking towards the uniform store.

"It's weird saying I have a brother. Are you enjoying summer so far?"

"Sorta. Dad's been working more with more of us going into Hogwarts. Charlie needs new Quidditch robes because he already outgrew his old ones. And you know how mum worries." He said and Aspen nodded before she opened the door and the pair stepped inside.

"Madam Malfoy! Here to pick up your Quidditch Robes?" The tailor called out and Aspen chuckled.

"Yes, I am. Are they ready?" Aspen asked as a bag floated to her.

"Here you go dear, three brand new Gryffindor Quidditch Robes. Leave the money on the counter and have a wonderful day." The tailor replied as Bill grabbed Aspen's bag.

Aspen dug into her little pouch and pulled out fourteen galleons and placed it on the counter before the pair walked out the store.

"Does she ever show her face?"

"Sometimes, it's almost time for all school children to come for uniforms so she is preparing herself," Aspen said with a shrug before she looked at Bill.

"Let's go to Florean's Ice Cream Shop." They both said at the same time before they laughed. Bill casually threw his arm over Aspen's shoulder as they spun around and began walking to the little ice cream shop almost everyone went to.

As they sat outside in one of the chairs a cooling charm hit the both of them and Aspen giggled.

"My mum wanted me to ask you if you wanted to come by the Burrow again this summer," Bill said as he looked over the menu.

"Of course! I love being over there at the Burrow. It's always loud and sometimes I hate how quiet it is over at my house." Aspen said as the door opened and a waitress walked outside.

"What can I get you two love birds?" She asked as a pad floated next to her.

"Vanilla sundae with rainbow sprinkles for me," Aspen said as Bill ordered a Butterbeer Float.

The woman nodded before walking towards another group that was sitting on the other side.

"I never asked, have you met your stepmother yet?"

"Nope, every time I am invited over Oscar either says she is at work or visiting family."

"But don't you mostly go over on the weekends?"

"Exactly, my aunt says Abigail never liked my mother. She was jealous that my father loved my mother before choosing her." Aspen said with a shrug before the pairs ice cream floated outside next to them.

"I wonder who has the sweet tooth in this relationship? You or I?"

"Says the man who ordered a butterbeer float and when we were at Hogwarts would constantly push his brother in order to get to the fudge."

"Hey! I have five brothers, it's either you fight for food or you just don't eat." BIll stated and Aspen snorted before she turned and saw Oliver walking towards them.

"I thought I told you to meet us at three?"

"My friends wanted to go down Knockturn Alley and I told them to shove off. I bought these really cool books at Flourish and Blotts." He said as he held up the paper bag.

"All about Quidditch I bet?" Bill asked and Oliver nodded.

"Of course, I'm going to sit inside and get a cone of ice cream." He said and Aspen nodded as she watched her brother walk inside.

"You are an amazing big sister, even if you just became a big sister," Bill said and Aspen turned to her boyfriend and blew him a kiss.

"Wonderful words of wisdom, William darling."

"Please don't call me William. Every time someone says it I either picture my Nan scolding me or Professor McGonagall when I do a spell wrong." He said and Aspen started laughing.

"'S not funny! I have nightmares of McGonagall sometimes!"