Chapter II

October 31st, 1984

Third Year Drama

The now thirteen-year-old Aspen ran along the hallways with Bill Weasley and Marie Rosier by her side.

The trio was late for Care of Magical Creatures and could only think of what Professor Kettleburn was going to say.

Aspen and Bill hung back to take Charlie Weasley to Transfiguration and didn't realize how little time they had left to get to the Castle Grounds.

"The next Weasley who steps into Hogwarts ground I am not helping." Aspen hissed as she fixed her tie and bag.

"Sorry. Mum would've killed me if I let him get lost." Bill tried to say to his best friend. Charlie Weasley was the newest Weasley to join Gryffindor and was a constant pain is Aspen's side.

Aspen still couldn't believe she was sorted into Gryffindor two years ago. That night before she even had the chance to tell her Uncle Lucius, her beloved Professor Snape beat her to it.

The only letter she got from her Uncle that entire year was, Do not tell people what house you are in. Speak of only grades. - Uncle Lucius

"There you three are! Wonderful for you to join us." Professor Kettleburn said when he saw the three sneak in. Aspen mentally cursed Bill's name before stepping forward.

"Sorry Professor. Bill and I were helping his brother Charlie find his class when Marie saw us and joined. We can stay after an extra ten minutes." She said but Kettleburn shook his head.

"No need dear. Helping a young student makes wonderful points to being a Prefect. Take ten points for Gryffindor and five for Ravenclaw." He said and Aspen smirked before turning back to her friends.

"All Professors drop to the knee of a Malfoy." Marie Rosier said. Aspen looked at her best girlfriend for a moment and smirked.

"I think they fear my Uncle more than anything."

"Oh, Aspen! Mum wrote last night wanting to know what color you want your jumper for Christmas." Bill said as he looked up from his notes.

Molly Weasley was the head of the Weasley Clan and when Bill wrote to her two years ago about a certain blonde Malfoy being in Gryffindor and his new best friend she couldn't help but smile. Ever since Aspen spent half the summer with the Weasley's and the other half bored at home.

"Can she do that blue one she did for you last year? I loved that color." Aspen said as she went to grab something from her bag but stopped when she noticed it was missing.

"Rosier! You give me my bag right this instance!" Aspen yelled towards Roberto Rosier.

Roberto Rosier was the other thorn in Aspens side

Roberto Rosier was the other thorn in Aspens side. From the moment she was sorted not in Slytherin he made it his mission to torture her.

"Now dear Aspen. How do you know I took your beloved bag?" He asked as he walked towards her with a slight smirk.

"That evil smirk right their dear cousin. Give Aspen her bag." Marie said as she placed her things next to Bill and stepped towards her friends.

"And if I don't?"

"I will hex you so hard you'll miss the rest of the third year," Aspen growled as she went to leap but Bill grabbed her by her waist and held her tight.

"Oh look, blood traitors befriending other blood traitors. Tell me, Weasel, is it true your family lives together in one room." Roberto said and that furthers Aspen's anger.

The Weasley's were the family that took her in when she couldn't stand the pressure from her Uncle.

"That's it," Aspen said as she tried to climb out of Bill's arms.

"He is not worth it Aspen. Let him talk." Bill whispered in her ear as he felt her body temperature climb.

"Yes, listen to Bill. Maybe he will give you better advice then your dear old mother could. Oh wait, your mum is dead." Roberto said and the rest of the Slytherin's started laughing.

Roxanne Malfoy was tragically killed when helping the Aurors raid a known Death Eater compound.

"You arse Roberto!" Marie said as she jumped on her cousin and began pounding him restless. Aspen felt she might drop at any moment if it wasn't for Bill holding her. She broke apart from him and ran away from the Castle grounds.

"You had to bring up her mother didn't you Rosier? You know her mother was killed and yet you still want to make her feel horrible." Bill hissed as he gathered his things and yanked Marie off her cousin.

"Oh give me a break. Everyone knows Roxanne Malfoy was a traitor. It is said that Alexander Carrow isn't even Aspen's father. That some wild Gryffindor got her pregnant and she pulled it off as Alexander's child." Roberto hissed

"So what? Aspen isn't your concern anymore." Bill said before he turned and rushed to find his best friend.

Aspen was hiding where she always hid when she got a bad grade or had a horrible day

Aspen was hiding where she always hid when she got a bad grade or had a horrible day. Turris Medius Tower was abandoned and Aspen would tuck herself into a corner and cry.

That is where Bill found her two hours later.

"Aspen? If you don't come out I will start hexing every corner." Bill called out as he dropped his bags and began walking around.

"If you try to hex me I will know we aren't friends." A voice said and Bill turned to see Aspen behind him.

"Damn you! How are you so quiet when you walk?" He shouted and Aspen smiled.

"All those dance lessons Aunt Cissy paid for," Aspen said with a shrug before she sat on the edge and Bill quickly joined her.

"Don't listen to what Roberto has to say. He isn't worth the stress any longer." Bill said but Aspen shook his head.

"He brought up my mother. I know nothing of her. Only stories and for him to throw that in my face was a low move." Aspen said before Bill saw the tears well up in her eyes.

"I did everything right and everyone hates me, Bill." She said and Bill took the chance to scoop the more girl into his arms and hold her close.

"Not everyone hates you, Aspen. I don't." He said and Aspen let out a sob as she held onto Bill's shirt.

"Promise me something."

"Anything."

"Promise me you'll save me from this hell."