Chapter XLVII

Results

June 30th, 1987

Aspen laughed as the twins chased Charlie and Marie through the garden with the gnomes following after them.

Mrs. Weasley was kind enough to invite all of us to The Burrow for the weekend. Arthur has taken Percy, Ron, and Ginny to his Aunt Muriel's house but the twins aren't allowed after setting spiders after Muriel who much like Ron is terrified of them.

The group waited for their results on what their carriers should be. 

Charlie of course hoped for anything to do with animals. Bill wanted to be a curse breaker even though both Mr. and Mrs. Weasley wished for him to join the ministry with Mr. Weasley. 

"I would rather have detention willingly with Snape before I join the Ministry." Bill had told Aspen as they lay by the lake after sneaking out one night. 

Marie wanted to be in the Ministry but more law, she didn't want to be an auror because of how her family is. Aspen on the other hand was stuck. 

She enjoyed it when a High-Level Healer came to Hogwarts to speak to them earlier last month. But she also knew she would enjoy being an Auror. She laughed when  Shackbolt came to Hogwarts and explained raids from the war. 

Aspen knew that the results would help her choose. She snapped out of her thoughts and smiled when she saw Bill walking towards her with two cups. He threw himself next to her and smiled. 

"You seem lost in thought." 

"School is over and I cannot stop thinking of these results. Your parents as well as my Aunt and Uncle keep speaking of it." 

"I know what I am going to do. My parents just don't want to believe it." 

"I'm stuck between two." She whispered as she took her drink out of Bill's hand and sipped. She smiled at the sweetness knowing Mrs. Weasley made it sweet for the kids. 

"Whatever you choose. We will be together forever." 

Aspen smiled as she leaned over to kiss him before the door swung open and Mrs. Weasley came out. 

"Mail children! Professor McGonagall had them all sent over here." She yelled as she walked towards the small group. 

Aspen stood leaving her cup at the seat she occupied and grabbed her letter from Mrs. Weasley. 

"Come on now. Open them up. Let us hear it." She said with a smile on her face. Aspen often wished her mother acted like Mrs. Weasley, warm and kind but stern when needed.

Charlie opened his first and cheered. 

"Dragon tamer! They even listed people I could get in contact with." 

Marie was next and you could see her hands shake as she opened her letter. 

"Ministry. Legal department. Thank you, Merlin!" She cheered as she turned to Aspen. 

"Me next." Bill interrupted before ripping his letter. 

"William!" 

"I got it! Curse Breaker! I would be taken all over the world if I wanted!" 

Aspen saw his eyes light up and she knew then she would travel the world with him if he wanted her to come along. 

All eyes were on Aspen and she nodded before carefully, and slowly opening her letter. 

Aspen Malfoy, 

Below are your results as follow: 

After carefully following the results of the questions your career should be:  

Healer: 85%                                                                     Auror: 75%

Professor: 0%                                                               Curse Breaker: 0%

Ministry: 5%                                                                 Animal Tamer: 0%

We hope these results find you well. 

Aspen let out a chuckle before looking at everyone.

"Healer." She whispered and Mrs. Weasley grinned before bringing Aspen into a hug. 

"That is good news, my girl! You should write to your Uncle and Aunt. As well as your father if you would like."

"Yes. I will later. Thank you for everything, Mrs. Weasley." 

"Nothing to thank me for dearest. Bill, inside for a moment with me?" She asked and Aspen stared at her boyfriend who shrugged and followed his mother inside. 

"I always knew you'd be a healer. You always gave warm feelings." Marie said and Aspen laughed as she shoved her friend. She could spot George and Fred chasing after the gnomes. 

"George! Fred! Stay near the house please!" She called out and Fred gave her a thumbs up.

"They only ever listen to you and mum. Never us or Dad." Charlie grumbled as he threw himself on the ground where the girls sat down. 

"Because you joke around with them too much Charlie. You can joke and be firm with them as well." 

"What is planned for the rest of the summer? Are you going to see your mother?" Marie questioned as she stared at Aspen. 

It had been months since Aspen saw her mother. Any time her Uncle, Aunt, father, and brother bring her up Aspen either shuts the conversation down or simply walks away. 

"It was better when I thought she was dead truthfully. The Daily Prophet hasn't said anything lately which I'm grateful for. Abigail's trial begins next month." 

"How is that going?" 

"Roxanne has to testify. As well as myself and my father. It's a lot honestly. That's why i want to lay low for the summer." 

"She'll be hiding here for the summer with us," Bill said as he approached the group dragging George and Fred with him. 

"I just talked to them." 

"Yes and then they threw a gnome at my head. So now I'm talking to them." 

"Ooff. Bill is giving, as Tonks would say 'cause she isn't here, daddy vibes." 

"Don't say that ever again." 

Bill lifted the twins before placing them on the picnic table. He stared at them for a moment before they looked away. 

"Do you ever wonder what the future would be like?" 

"All the time," Aspen whispered thinking of the trial ahead. 

"Kids! Lunch is ready and on the table!" Mrs. Weasley shouted from the house. 

"Coming mum!"