Chapter IX

Hello 4th Year

September 1st, 1985

Aspen climbed out of the carriage behind Bill, Charlie, Marie, and Tonks. Today was the first day of the fourth year but classes did not begin until the next morning.

"Excited?" Marie asked as she linked arms with Aspen and the two of them began walking inside the castle.

"Nervous. Classwork is going to get harder now that next year is O.W.Ls." Aspen said and Marie shook her head as she fixed her tie.

"Don't worry about next year. It's still this year. We can enjoy this year before we have to worry about those giant test that determines our future." Marie said before they walked through the doors of the Great Hall.

Marie broke away from Aspen and made her way to the Ravenclaw table and Tonks went to the Hufflepuff table.

The two Weasleys and Aspen made their way to the middle of the Gryffindor table and sat down waiting for the sorting to begin.

"How many first years do you think we are going to have this year?" Bill asked as he sat down besides Aspen and pulled her close to him.

"Well from what I heard the prefects say on the train for Gryffindor there are only three bedrooms set up for Gryffindor. So the most would be fifteen girls and boys." Aspen explained and Charlie raised an eyebrow.

"Honestly I'm here for the food and then to go unpack and sleep."

"Do you only ever care about food?" Aspen asked as the doors opened and Professor McGonagall came in with a line of first years behind her.

Aspen still couldn't believe that three years ago today she stood within that line with Bill and waited for her name to be called.

"When your name is called please seat on the stool and I will place the sorting hat on your head." Professor McGonagall called out as she reached the stool and grabbed the scroll and hat.

The little first years gasped as the eyes of the hat opened and blinked at them. Aspen smirked thinking of how she raised an eyebrow at the hat and still wondered how it was alive.

"Abigail Dale!" McGonagall called out and a little girl with short blue hair raced up the stairs and sat on the stool.

"Hufflepuff!"

"She looks like a mini Tonks!" Charlie said and Aspen laughed as a boy was called and put in Ravenclaw.

"Derek Morgan!"

The hat touched the boys head and it cried out Gryffindor earning the entire table to cheer.

"Elizabeth Goyle!" McGonagall called out and Aspen froze thinking of the annoying little girl that was always at her house annoying her.

The hat barely touched Elizabeth's head as it cried out Slytherin and Aspen couldn't help but shake her head.

"Another one we lose to the evil side."

It took twenty minutes to call all of the names on the list and much to Aspen's displeasure only ten boys and eight girls were sorted into Gryffindor. The majority went to either Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

Headmaster Dumbledore stood up from his spot and walked over to his owl podium and raised his hands earning silence.

"Welcome! Welcome, all! To our first years, we welcome you to a place that will be your home for the next seven years! To our seventh years this is your last year, please enjoy it! To our, returning students may you all have a wonderful year." Dumbledore began and everyone cheered.

"I have only these words before dinner can begin. And that will be pip, peep, and have a good feast!" He yelled as he waved his wand and all of the food appeared on the four long tables.

Aspen reached for the rice on her left and loaded her plate with rice before moving on to the chicken, salad, and then mac-n-cheese.

"Why do you always load your plate like that?" Charlie asked Aspen as he shoved a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

"I know mum taught you not to speak with your mouth full," Bill said as he flicked his brother in the head.

"It's how I was taught to set my plate," Aspen said with a shrug before she heard someone call her name and she looked to see her roommates Elizabeth Daniels, Nyanna Mae, and Alexandra Taylor.

"Ready for our annual study sessions starting up again?" Alexandra asked and Aspen smirked.

"You know it! Hopefully, I won't have to carry you, girls, again." Aspen said with a laugh before she turned back to Bill who was staring at her.

"What? Do I have food on my face?" Aspen asked as she reached for a napkin but Bill shook his head.

"No, I was just wondering how I got so lucky to be with someone popular and beautiful like you."

"Hold on, I think I just barfed this food back up," Charlie said earning Aspen to kick him under the table.

"This is why no guy or girl will date you." She hissed but Charlie shrugged.

"Like I said the day you two started dating. Guy or girl Charlie doesn't complain." Charlie said and Aspen rolled her eyes as she turned back to her boyfriend.

"Truthfully Bill. I'm the one lucky to have you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nyanna Mae

Alexandra Taylor

Alexandra Taylor