Chapter 27: Just a little homesick

Börja om från början

He looked at me incredulously, "What kind of monster would—"

"The same one that would kidnap an unknowing girl from her brother, who was the only people that she knew from what her memory can permit."

It was a joke, of course, but deep inside, I was homesick and couldn't take it anymore.

Leon saw right through my joking tone. He knew that I had meant every single word of it— I called him a monster. He had tensed up, furrowing his eyebrows and taking a step back, instantly in defense mode. His hands had raised, as if ready to push me away if I came close or to pull me closer if I went further.

Does he want me to leave, or is he glad I could stay?

I chuckled to lessen the tension, "Why so serious? I'm just kidding."

Not.

He gave me a relieved smile, his eyes softening, "You got me..."

"Yeah I do."

In that sudden mood change, I had given him the most sincere smile I could, "I got you."

~

"I-I..." I stuttered and gulped as I stared at her.

She laughed, a laugh that never fails to melt my heart.

Fuck.

"Guys, shut up." Kylie mumbled in her sleep.

Dayana smiled sheepishly and apologized.

"We should probably go somewhere else to talk."

"Yeah, where to?"

"Indoor garden?"

"No way— there's an indoor garden?!"

"Shh!"

She clamped up her mouth adorably, before grabbing my hand and dragging me out of their room.

"Lead the way." She said, letting go of my hand.

I reluctantly interlocked our hands again, dragging her to the gang's indoor garden.

"Ta-da!" I deadpanned, opening the glass door.

She stared in awe as the sunlight shine on her beautiful, gray eyes.

"This place looks straight out of a Barbie movie." She muttered under her breath.

I snorted, sitting down on one of the benches.

"So... what happened last night?" She asked, sitting down on the grass in front of me.

"I swear I've moved on from her, dude." I told Lawrence as I entered the code for the virus.

"Oh really? Are you sure? Are you really really sure?" He insisted.

"Yes. A year without her has given me enough time to get over her." I argued as I traced the coordinates to send the virus to.

"Goodie, 'cause we found her."

My eyes widened and I accidentally clicked on the wrong coordinates, sending it to a random computer instead.

"No!" I exclaimed, "That virus can only work on one computer!"

As the virus sent the computer's files to my laptop, Lawrence howled with laughter.

"You're definitely not over her, dude."

"Definitely." I sighed as I looked at the files, which were a bunch of K-pop and anime shit.

"You need to keep it together." He added before exiting the room.