Chapter One

Thank you so much for reading! Hope you like this book!
This book was created on November 20th, 2014.
I'm writing this with my spare time, so please do be patient. <3

I have a problem with writing in points of view throughout the story, with the "I did this" and then "You did this" on the same page. If I say "you", would you be so kind as to point that out so I can edit it, along with any grammar errors? Thank you so much for reading!

~~~~~~~

I am in my elegant room, when somebody knocks on the door.

"Speak." I say in a blank tone.

The voice answers,"My Lady, the Queen requests your presence."

I hop off my bed, with my exquisitely tailored dress flopping about. The door opens automatically, and I see a familiar face behind it.

It was my favourite butler, Marcus. He was always in high spirits, and he knew me perfectly. My favorite tea, toppings, anything.

He was the perfect butler, which cared about me very much.

I stepped out the door, with Marcus following me to the main hall. Of course, it was his duty to see me there. Halfway, I saw a maid in a fight with another.

"But it isn't time yet! We still have a few more minutes!" One said, while the other spoke out,

"I've had enough of your nonsense! Why can't I just..."

Her voice trailed off. Both of the maids were looking at me.

"Please, calm down ladies. I don't want anyone to fight, please." I said with a cute tone of voice.

"Oh. Of course, very sorry My Lady." They both peeped in unison. I smiled to myself as I continued on. Before the door to the Main Hall, a guard opened the door, and the butler followed me through it.

Marcus quickly went up on the carpet before the Queen and introduced me.

It's not like she didn't know me or anything. It's a formal way to introduce a royal, even if it is to another royal.

The butler then stepped out of the way toward the west side of the room, along with multiple other butlers in black suits.

I go before my mom and speak, clearing my throat.

"Yes mother? What is it that you called me for?"I asked.

The Queen replied,

"There is something important we need to discuss. Please, into the parlor, my dear."

She stepped off of her throne and we both walked to the parlor to discuss the topic.

As we sat down, she gestured one of the butlers.

"Tea, please." She spoke.

As soon as the butler left the room, it was just mum and I. She immediately began talking.

You have come of age to pick a betrothed. I have a list of gentleman that are high class, and about your age. First, there is the Prince of France...

Her voice trailed off into the distance. You were too busy to talk to her, the reason being that you were daydreaming about the sweets that you get at the Funtom shop.

"Are you listening, dear?" She asked directly with a hint of curiousity in her voice.

You suddenly snapped back to reality. "Yes mother."

She knew what I was thinking. She always did. Right then, a butler opened the door and guided a cart of sweets into the room, and rolled it beside the tiny tea table.

"Funtom sweets, eh, darling? I knew you had a sweet tooth."

She chuckled lightly. I picked up a very well decorated cookie, with pink frosting outlining it, and a glaze in the middle. It was soft, and when I bit into it. It tasted like vanilla. "Now, here is the list, and their pictures. Now go to your room and decide. I'll ask you later for the result!"

She winked at me. Then, the door opened, and there was Marcus, gesturing me out.

The next thing I knew, Marcus was standing next to my bed, awaiting order.

"Sit down Marcus." You gesture him to a seat.

I begin reading over the papers. These were boys around my age, all asking for my hand in marriage. I had to pick only one, and it was a tough decision. You couldn't pick just one!

Then a boy came up on the list. He was hidden behind a file of one of the selections.

"Ciel Phantomhive. Age, 14. Hair colour, dark blue. Eyes, Blue. Status, Earl..."

I scanned the paper, reading it aloud.

"...Engaged to Elizabeth Middleford."

I silently cursed myself.

I re-read it again.

"...used to be Engaged to Elizabeth Middleford, which died on 10/17/82."

Then I did a miniature party in my head.

"Marcus. Bring this one to my mother. This is the one."