Finale (One-Shot)

Ciel x (Species!) Reader

When you find out who the reader is, please put the species in the comments!

This is a species from the book i'm currently writing, called Dreamscaper. My beb (Bex) is writing a parallel story to that called Assassin(?) It'll come out in years to come, and I may or may not post about it in my random books.

((WARNING POSSIBLE EXISTENTIAL CRISIS AHEAD))

The warm heat of the candle's small flame illuminated the young girl's face as she looked at it fixedly, in awe. Flickering, the shadow of the girl and the boy was projected on the crisp, white walls of the somewhat larger house.

"D-Do you like it? I got it as a gift for you." Ciel said, his delicate fingers twisting the small, charred wooden match around.

(Y/n) grinned, looking up from the candle to directly into the bluenet's uncovered eye.

((That sounds awkward lol))

"It's lovely, Ciel. Thank you very much," she spoke in a quiet voice, as to not disturb the ones who were already asleep in the meek household, "I feel bad, though,  like I should've gotten something for you."

"You need not feel disquieted about it, not at all. It's a better feeling for me to give at my own accord rather than to take from someone else," he paused for a moment, leaning back into his chair, then, "It feels better to put others before yourself. Since, well, I was just recently taught that by you, I felt that I might as well have used it."

He then looked away sheepishly, as he was not used to being softhearted. The girl then grinned.

"This seems to have improved our well-being, then. It's very easy, to say the least. If everyone can benefit from it, then why don't people do things like this more often? It's the bitterness of people's minds that lead them astray like that." she whispered, leaning forward, resting her chin on top of the table's smooth surface, her eyes still fixated on the flickering flame. The earl looked quite intrigued.

"It's been like that for thousands of years. Like this, the world can be unbalanced, and it's currently it's plainly just chaos and discord. Just a small thing can lead to a thing so huge, yet so unpredictable, that it can lead to destruction for some, but for others, it can benefit them. There are so many places to be, and so many different things happening. Doesn't all this sound quite complicated, yet intriguing?" he inquired, as his eyes averting from the singed match to the flickering candle. The flame consumed the wick rapidly, as the liquid wax below it seemed to almost engulf the scorched wick entirely.

After this, the girl's silence followed, signaling a chance of ignorance or pondering.

"That's quite interesting, actually. Just a small thing can lead to a thing so huge, yet so unpredictable, that it can lead to destruction for some, but for others, it can benefit them. With the world this way, it'll eventually grow weary, and overwork itself to the point when it can't go any further. Then we'll all collapse. Nobody likes change, and if nothing is changed, then we'll all continue to fall down this hole that we dug ourselves. As long as the world is alight, then we'll carry onward, and continue experiencing as many things as possible."

She then yawned. "I believe I'll be going to bed. What do you think?" she asked, standing up and quietly sliding the chair back in its place.

"Yes, I believe so. It's rather late." he then stood up and watched (y/n)'s back as she left.

The familiar creaking of his office door was heard, and right before it closed, Ciel's voice was heard from the office.

"I hope we can talk like this again, (y/n)." he whispered, watching her body as it faded away into nothingness. Sebastian appeared in the doorway, and looked at his master curiously.

"Who was that you were talking to? Why, it seems as if you were talking to a ghost, my lord."

"Yes, I was. The ghost of from the time to come."

He then blew out the candle, and retired for the night. 

"As long as the world is alight, then we'll all carry onward, and continue experiencing as many things as possible."

A/N

Hello friends!

So yeah, this is your grand finale oneshot, as mentioned in the A/N of previous chapters.
Thank you for reading!