Chapter Eight

~Dream~

In a field of illuminating flowers you lay, you also see the twinkling stars in the pitch black sky. You sit up, asking yourself out loud, "Where am I?"

The wind blew lightly, along with the fading petals of the flowers that could not bear to stand any longer.

Silence.

Then suddenly, a familiar voice asks,
"Who are you?"

You jolt your head around to where the voice was coming from, but all you see is a shadow.

"So you're the one. I can see why it chose you." The shadow shifted across the grass, making the flowers glow brighter and brighter. As the shadow went towards you, it materialized.
It was a girl. The girl was little, about 8 or 9. A plain, white dress she wore, and it blew at the wind's command. Her light hair looked smooth, but long, as if she hadn't cut it in years. A pair of red glasses framed her fluorescent hazel eyes, along with the freckles that dotted across her nose and under her eyes.
A word hadn't come out of your mouth, for you were too stunned to speak.
She eventually sat in front of you, yet she did not touch the ground.

"I have a question, (y/n)." she stated, making direct eye contact with you.
"From the bottom of your heart, what is your greatest desire?"
You waited for a moment, gaining courage, until you finally stuttered,

"I-I..."

You can't just think of something at the top of your head, so you decided to try to avoid the matter entirely.

"Who are you?" You asked. The girl shuffled around and held her hands out.

"I am a Dreamscaper. Now, close your eyes."

You did so, and felt the warm touch of the girl's tiny hand on your forehead.

"Now. Stretch out your hands." You did this as well.

What exactly was this girl doing?

"Open your eyes."

Inside your hands was a swirling ball of light. You could feel the warmth and the wind coming from the orb.

"This is the innermost section of your dreams and desires. We call it the 'soul core'." The girl said, matter-of-factly.

"Hold on."

After that, everything went black again.

Before you was a scene of a beautiful garden, of which you recognized somewhere before. The stars were out, the it was windy. You saw yourself sitting on a delicate, smooth bench. Wait- what?

Yes, you recognized yourself, so that must mean...

You were watching yourself?

You walked over to yourself, touching her, but she made no move, as if she couldn't feel you. You decided to watch your life play out before your eyes.

A boy, with dark, blue hair and an eyepatch sat next to her on the bench.

(Ahem chapter 3 if you haven't noticed yet)

You couldn't hear anything, but you can tell that they were having a conversation.

You remembered this- it was the time when you first saw Ciel's face after you got kidnapped.

Then it hit you. Ciel? You haven't seen him ever since you got locked up. Your feelings for him faded, and the way you looked at him was now... different.

"Cutie, isn't he?"

Startled, you turned around only to see the girl, the Dreamscaper, only she was about your age now. She smirked a little, then her face went neutral.

"Is this what you want?"

Is this really what you wanted?

The girl suddenly saw the boy and ran off.

"I want to restart." You said bluntly, staring at the boy on the bench.

The girl nodded, snapping her fingers. The sound was crisp and loud, and it echoed through your ears.

"You only have five minutes to change your fate. Trust me, (Y/n), it can be done."

Then everything went black yet again.

---------
A/N:
Sorry that you keep blacking out so much, but I have to make the story somehow, right?

edit: dang, this is deep as
heck wth