Chapter XIV - One Last Time

Anne hurriedly went to the King's chamber but she couldn't bring herself to enter.  Catherine was rushed out by Cardinal Wolsey.  The Queen was crying.

"No! Let me go back inside!" Catherine tried harder to get out of Wolsey's hold.

"Your Majesty, you need to calm down.  You just recovered from sweating disease.  England can't bear to have their King and Queen in sickbed."

Catherine stopped moving and fell into ground as she cried.  'No. God, please don't take away Henry. I beseech you.'

Anne rushed into Catherine and helped her to stand up.

"Your Majestry, you need to take rest." Anne tried to take Catherine away from the King's chamber.

"No. Henry needs me, Anne."

"Your Grace, Cardinal Wolsey is right.  England needs you more now. Let me take you to your chamber."

Catherine calmed down and Cardinal Wolsey looked at Anne with gratitude.

They started to walk away but stop just a few steps.

"Anne."

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"I know that I may endangering your life more but please take care of Henry the way you take care of me."

"Your Maj-"

"Anne, I beg you. I know deep inside your heart, you're worrying for him.  Please look after him, make sure he will get better."

Anne sighed and said 'yes'.

"I promised, Your Highness.  You don't need to worry."

Catherine sighed in relief.

"Thank you, Anne."

They walked back to Queen's chamber together.

......
......
......
......

Anne went back to Henry's chamber and saw Cardinal Wolsey talking to the physician.  She already ordered Isabelle to make the ginger and oregano tea for the King and Anne prepared hot water with salt.

"Lady Anne."

"Your Eminence." Anne bowed to Cardinal Wolsey.

"What are you doing here?"

"The Queen sent me to look after the King.  I brought first aid to bring down His Highness fever."

Cardinal Wolsey sighed, he knew that if the King is conscious, he won't let Anne near him.

"Tell the Queen that you are no longer needed here. The royal physician is sufficient."

"Your Eminence..."

"Lady Anne, I am afraid of the consequences if King gains his consciousness and knows that I allow you to be near him while having a sickness disease.  He was beyond mad after knowing that you jeopardized your health for taking care of the Queen.  I beg you, Anne, please turned your back and take care of yourself."

"Please, Your Eminence.  Henry knows how stubborn I am.  I will tell him that I sneak out just to take care of him."

"Why are you doing this, Lady Anne?  From our conversation, the King is so sure that you have no feeling towards him. Then why this?" Cardinal was so puzzled.  He looked at Anne intently, trying to know her intentions.

Anne did not waver from Cardinal Wolsey scrutinization.

"Your Eminence, there are some things that should left unsaid because it's better that way.  Right now, please allow me to enter His Majesty's chamber and take care of him."