Chapter 6: Choosing a Club

{Hana's P.O.V.}

On coming to school today, I met Keiko, Cho, and Shika, the three bratty girls, by the school's entrance this time. I tried to pass by them, but Keiko grabbed me by the arm and pushed me to the ground for some reason that I don't know why.

"Do you know what today is Hino?" she asked me with an evil smirk.

"Uh? It's Tuesday?" I answer nervously, causing her to rage at my simple reply.

"No stupid girl! What activities are on about today? Ugh! Never mind! I'll tell you anyway!" she waves at me and continues, "Today is for everyone to choose a club."

"You better hurry up for the loser club. LOSER!" said Cho in an evil tone.

"Oh! Never mind signing up. You're already a loser!" continued Shika.

They all then laughed maniacally and left me be. After they went away, Takumi approached me and gave me his hand to lift me up. Guess he saw what happened.

I took his hand so he could pull me up, and after I dusted myself off, he looked at me worriedly and asked, "You alright?"

This has been a daily routine lately, so I've almost gotten used to be treated badly by my female classmates. Well, aside from my friends, the girls in my class somehow treat me in a way like I've offended them in some way somehow before?

It's weird. I don't get it. But, that's just my life now, I guess? "I'm fine." I answer him to not make him fret over me.

After all that fuss, he volunteered to walk together to the classroom with me. Just in case another similar accident happens like before when I came into the classroom alone. But, I still can't get quite used to some of my female classmates staring daggers at me whenever we enter the classroom together at the same time. Even though we go through the back door. Because there are two doors in all the classrooms.

While inside the classroom, we just waited for the bell to ring like normal students, with some talking to their seatmates and some reading books, or texting and what naught. I was just staring outside the window at students rushing towards the building as the bell for first period started to ring. When Mika sensei came in and greeted us, she announced, "Class, you better decide which club to enroll in this afternoon. For those planning to be in the Math club, I'm your moderator."

Once she had finished up talking about all other necessary details, she took our attendance and we began first period.

---------------------------------------------

 At lunch today, I decided to eat somewhere different, like on the rooftop. Nobody usually comes to the rooftop, so I made it my haven for eating lunch. It's just so peaceful to eat up here, and stare at the semi-cloudy blue sky with birds flying around to wherever they want.

We also have a little garden up here on our rooftop as well, so our rooftop looks really nice. Though, not much students come up here, as they'd go to our actual garden. But for some reason, Takumi had gone up to the rooftop too? It kinda scared me why he was up here as well. I got carried away by my thoughts.

"Why are you up here?" I asked him as he came to sit beside me to eat his lunch as well. I had a bento and he just bought a yakisoba pan from one of our school's kiosks.

"Why? Did you think I was stalking you? You're not the only one who comes to the rooftop, you know..." he scoffed.

That made me feel like I was so full of myself. But I didn't know he'd go up here either, so I was not at wrong to think that way either.

"Well, I was kinda wondering why you weren't at the cafeteria, so I figured you'd be in someplace that you would enjoy your lunch alone." he shrugged.

"What?!" I suddenly blabbered out.

"Sorry... I just wanna hang with you." he smiled.

"Fine..." I admitted defeat, but then the idea popped in, "Have you told anyone about my job?"

"No, I have not."

"Good... Please keep it a secret to everyone." I clapped my hands together and bowed at him to ask him to promise it to me, and he nodded in accordance.

"What's going to be your club?" he asked randomly.

"My club? Hmmm... The club I want to join in the most is the Science club." I say honestly.

Oops! Why'd I tell him that?! He might follow me... And if I'll enroll in another club, he'll say I'm telling another lie. I don't want to be called a liar.

"Okay." Takumi replied, snapping me back into reality, and we finish up eating our lunch as we then headed back to our classroom to wait for fifth period's bell to ring.

------------------------------------------------

After classes, the school's principal made an announcement, "Okay everyone. Club enrollment has officially started. When already enrolled, you can start club meetings whenever you want as long as approved by club members."

Club representatives were all out around the school campus, advertising their clubs to gain new members. All the clubs looked interesting and fun to be in. It wasn't really mandatory to be in a club, but it would be another fun experience to take part in one. Of course, there were many student's who also belonged to the 'Go-Home Club' in where the activities are going home and not having a club to be in at all.

I could belong to that club too... But, I don't wanna miss out on a fun high school life.

Upon signing up for the Science club, I was told that the club's first meeting will be held tomorrow at the Science Laboratory B, which is the club's official room. Someone behind me tapped my back, I looked to who it was, and was shocked to learn that it was Takumi. I knew he'd follow me!

"So, you didn't lie this time." he said with a grin.

My cheeks burned up. I turned my back and ran straight to my part-time job.

Why Takumi-kun?! Why?!