Chapter 26: Summer Fest

{Hana's P.O.V.}

"Oh Hana darling! You look so adorable! Rini, get the camera please!" mom motioned to Rini as she kept looking at me so happily.

"Roger that mom!" saluted Rini as she ran to get the camera.

I was just gonna go to the summer festival with my friends dressed in a yukata. But, because this was the first in a long time since I had gone out to a summer festival, especially wearing a yukata, it made mom so happy that she shed a tear.

After Rini gave mom the camera, she took dozens of pictures. I had to speak up so that I could go. Mom and Rini cheered for me as I went out the door.

---------------------------------------

Arriving at the festival's entrance, I met up with my friends who were all wearing yukatas too! We all had the urge to comment on each others yukatas as we waited for the others to arrive. And one by one as they all arrived, we made our way inside the festival.

Just walking around and randomly talking about stuff was enough to make us happy throughout the night. It was the late week in August, but the seasons were changing; Autumn was nearing and it was going to be even more cold.

I joined in on the girls, who along with some of the guys, to play in one of the booths. The scooping goldfish booth. I scooped up two goldfish without breaking my scooper and stopped at that point. Yukio, on the other hand, couldn't even catch one goldfish with more than ten scoopers! The others just stayed with one to three goldfishes in their bags. Kiyoshi managed to scoop up five goldfish without breaking his scooper, but released the goldfish back into the tub afterwards.

One of the other games we stopped at was a shooting booth. Where you would shoot certain things using a toy gun to win a certain prize. One toy gun was equipped with ten pellets. The guys joined in the game. Us girls watched as they compete. The competitors were; Takumi, Takai, Ringo, and Yukio.

"Awe... No fun! If they win anything, they're just gonna give it to Hana-chan..." pouted Ami.

All of my friends knew that Ringo is courting me, and they all suspect that Takumi and Takai like me. I start to blush at the thought.

What am I thinking? It hasn't even been confirmed yet!

"Don't be like that girls... We're gonna win goods for all of you! We are gentlemen, are we not?" said Ringo as he made a wide grin.

"Awe... That's so sweet of you Ringo-kun!" commented Naomi.

"Kiyoshi? You dislike games like these?" Yumi asked.

"Yeah. They're not my style." replied Kiyoshi plainly.

The guys began to hit their targets as we watched in awe. We even cheered them on. It was such a fierce battle; they even started to reload their guns, well, toy guns...

On the third and final reload, Takumi and Takai almost wiped out all of the targets!

Whoah! That was amazing!

"That was amazing the both of you!" commented Ringo. "I only managed to hit seven targets!"

"What?! At least you got seven! I only got to hit two! Ta-kun and Tak-kun kept stealing my shots!" whined Yukio.

"Stealing, or you kept missing?" coughed Takumi.

"Ta-kun is soooo mean!!!!" he whined some more.

"How many targets did you take down Takumi-kun?" Takai asked.

"Oh, I'd say 28 out of 30. What about you?"

Hana's Dark High School DaysOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara