Chapter 62: Emotions, a Pain?

{Hana's P.O.V.}

After Rentaro-san led me into Takumi's home, he then led me down the basement, where he said he did his experiments and where he had made something that Takumi may like. But, I couldn't quite understand the contents in his laboratory, since everything looked unkempt and messy.

All I could clearly see was a shelf of medications, a table filled with scattered documents, an empty silver table, and some scribbles on the whiteboard. I concentrated on the scribbles on the white board and saw the words: flower, test, the perfect sample, and human emotion.

What does a flower got to do with human emotion? Or maybe that's connected to another experiment, or probably a plant is used to control human emotion? I was somewhat curious and creeped-out to the max, but I just wanted to ask.

"So... Where's the thing you wanted to show me that would make you and Takumi back to being on good terms?"

He faced me and raised a brow, like he questioned my words, but then, came back to reality and scurried through his bottles on the shelf. "Right. Right. Here it is!"

"What is it?" I peek at the bottle he hold up to me.

"It's something I made myself. Can you take a whiff out of it and tell me if it smells nice or not?"

"Sure, okay..." I shrugged, then slowly bent over to smell its contents. Weirdly, I then feel light-headed, and my sight turns blurry. "I don't feel so well somehow..."

"It's alright... Just take a quick rest..."

Why is he smiling at me? I can't help him while my mind is gonna drift off to sleep!

The next thing I knew was, I lost consciousness. I didn't know what else was going on, as I was knocked out cold by something.

Maybe... Maybe what he made me smell was a sleeping drug?

I really think so. I somehow don't feel too peachy on what's about to happen to me. I don't even want to think about all the bad that's happened to me in the past anymore...

----------------------------------

{Takumi's P.O.V.}

Me and Minako are walking towards Hana's work place in order to go about my daily routine and Minako to see Hana work. We had a long conversation about where Hana worked and how the place and other staff were.

It's great that Minako finally accepted me and Hana being a couple, because she was so against it, for she loved me. Blood related or not, I just can't come to love Minako that way. It was hilarious that she then became a fan of us after a few days.

When we arrived inside the cafe, I looked around, but couldn't see Hana inside. I thought, 'Maybe she's in the staff room?' The manager then caught a hold of me.

"Oh Takumi-kun! It's quite shocking to see you here..." she peeked over at Minako, like she had second thoughts about her, and continued, "And with a companion too."

"Oh, hey manager, this is my little sister, Minako." I introduced her, "Minako, this is the shop's manager, Aiko-san."

"Pleased to meet you Aiko-san. I wanna see Hana work here, she's my childhood best friend~!"

Aiko's eyes widened in shock and bowed, "I'm so sorry for misunderstanding!"

"Misunderstanding what?" Minako asked innocently.

I chuckled and answered her, "It's because maybe Aiko-san was thinking that I was cheating on Hana with you, and that she didn't know that you are my younger sister and Hana's childhood friend."