29. Peter

The next day was Wednesday but I didn't go to work because the big boss asked me not to come to work with the excuse that I need to rest. My lips curled into a smile as I remembered how we argued at the hospital after Daniel left.

FLASHBACK
Shortly after Daniel left, Mr Donald came in with a paper bag in his hand "How are you Miss Conway?"

"I'm fine though I'm still a bit shocked. A lot has happened today, my mom is alive, Mr Giovanni is my uncle and I have a sister that is just a month old" I Remarked, skipping Daniel's confession.

"That's quite a lot to take in"

"Yeah, I can't describe how I feel. I'm fighting a mixture of competing emotions; anger, happiness, sadness, and excitement, each of them vying for dominance"

"Its normal, you'll be fine"

"I hope so"

"Are you hungry?" He questioned, taking me by surprise.

"No" as if my stomach knew I was lying, it grumbled loudly and I blushed in embarrassment.

"You're a bad liar, your stomach testified against you. I brought food though"

"Oh, what did you bring?"

"Pizza" he replied as he opened the paper bag and revealed a pizzeria perfect pizza. The sauce had chunks of tomato and the topping was fresh and fragrant. The base was the perfect combination of light inside and crunchy at the bottom.

I didn't even care if Mr Donald was watching me of not, I devoured the food hungrily.

"You eat so much but you are as light as feather"

"Whatever" I replied but it sounded like "woeva" because my mouth was full

Shortly, I had already finished 5 slice of pizza and I was full "I'm done, let me just pack up and we can go back to work"

"When you step out of this ward you're going back home"

"No, there's still time. I can't go home now"

"I  know, just go home"

"Why? Its not like am sick or something, I only fainted and I'm fine now"

"You need to rest, that's what the doctor said"

"I don't"

"You do"

"I said I--"

"Kathryn!" he said sternly "I'm giving you the rest of today and tomorrow off"

"I don't need it don't force it  on me"

"You need time Miss Conway, you need time to think about everything, get your sh*t together and sort things out" he remarked but I kept quite because I was excited and angry at the same time. Excited because he cared enough to give me time and angry because he was right, he's always right.

"Thank you but how do you know--"

"You are an open book Miss Conway. Your eyes always betray you. Those black orbs of yours speak millions of things even if you don't utter a single word. You need time okay?"

Everything about him was just so alluring. I nodded to let him know I was listening when all I wanted to do was to sit and stare at his pleasing features  like a psychotic stalker.

"Thank you for.... eermm you know.. For giving me the rest of today and tomorrow off" I stuttered but he didn't say anything, he was just staring at me

"Is there something on my face?" I asked him as he was staring at me shamelessly

"Yes, purity and innocence" he replied, making me turn a dark shade of red