Sixteen

Roxanne had fought a triumphant grin when the sheriff came into the room and uncuffed her. She was fairly certain that Dean would come through for them. Following what Dean had whispered to her upon their arrest, she had told the sheriff it was just a dumb prank. She glances up at the sign above the door of the Calumet County Sheriff's Department, rubbing her wrists. She's glad to be free, that's for sure.

"Saved your ass! Talked the sheriff down to a fine. Dude, I am Matlock," Dean grins as he and Roxanne lead Sam away from the station.

"But how?"

"I told him you were a dumbass pledge and that we were hazing you."

"Both of you?"

The hunters stop on the sidewalk, and Dean glances at Roxanne.

"Yeah, me and my sister," he grins, slinging his arm around Roxanne's shoulders.

Roxanne grimaces, slapping his arm away and continuing up the street. Dean gives his brother a look before hurrying to catch up to her.

"What about the shotgun?"

"He said that you were hunting ghosts, and the spirits were repelled by rock salt," Roxanne smiles, crossing the street.

"Yeah, you know, typical Hell Week prank."

"And he believed you?" Sam asks incredulously.

"Well, you look like a dumbass pledge."

Roxanne stops suddenly, turning to look at the station.

"What?" Sam asks.

Suddenly, several officers burst out of the doors of the Sheriff's Department. Roxanne counts at least four before they all slip into their cars and take off.

"Huh."

After making their way back to the Impala, the hunters arrive on the scene of the incident- Lori's sorority house. Roxanne frowns as she sees Lori sitting in the back of an ambulance, tightly wrapped in a blanket. Dean ducks his head down, looking past Sam and out at Lori before driving past the first responders.

Lori stares at the car until it passes, then glances at her dad, listening to his dark conversation.

"I just want to take her home."

"I understand that, Reverend," the Sheriff says calmly. "But Lori's now connected to two murders, and I can't ignore that."

"Listen to me. Arrest her now, or let me take her home."

Lori eyes the Sheriff, and he hesitates.

"Make sure she's available for questioning."

"Thank you."

Lori frowns as her dad approaches her. "Sweetheart, you ready to go home?"

She gets up, still wrapped in the blanket, and walks with his as he puts an arm around her shoulders.

Dean parks one street over, and the hunters climb through some bushes, making their way to the side of the sorority house.

"Why would the Hook Man come here? This is a long way from 9 Mile Road," Sam comments.

"Maybe he's not haunting the scene of his crime. Maybe it's about something else."

Two sorority girls exit the door on the side of the house, and the blonde one pulls her robe closed tightly. Sam quickly ducks into a corner, and Dean shoves Roxanne behind him. He peeks out around the siding, grinning.

Roxanne trips over a plant, glaring at an oblivious Dean as she rights herself. Sam begins climbing up to the window, and Roxanne helps to give him a boost. She grimaces as she bears the brunt of his weight.