Three

WISCONSIN

Adjusting to being on the road with the two was hard. Roxanne had forced them all to stay with her that night to save their tired minds from the long drive. The next morning, Bobby had split off to head back to Sioux Falls, taking Thor (and a good bit of her belongings) with him. She would miss him terribly, but Dean had made it very clear that he would have her filthy mutt nowhere near his Baby.

Sam and Dean took Roxanne on the road in a gorgeous '67 Impala, away from everything she had worked so hard to build. She called in for a few days from work, but she told the brothers that she wanted to go back, if nothing else, then to quit.

Now she stares out the window of the old-fashioned diner and admires the shiny black paint of Dean's Baby.

There's a plate strewn with remnants of whatever Dean ate in front of him, and one of his huge hands circles an obituary in the paper. She drums her fingers on the table, ready for a third cup of coffee and for Sam to return from the bathroom. Dean watches her nails, coated in shiny black nail polish, for awhile. After he can no longer take it, he looks up long enough to glare at her.

"Can you not do that?" He scowls.

With a self-satisfied smirk, Roxanne adds her other hand, only increasing the amount and volume of the tapping. A waitress glides up to the table, her blonde hair flowing halfway down her back. Her pouty lips are painted with a thin layer of pink gloss, and her smile shows off her white teeth. Her dark eyes are framed by a thin black line, and a nametag identifying her as Wendy adorns her tight floral tank top. Roxanne smiles.

"Can I get you anything else?" She asks, eyes focused on Dean.

Smart girl. In Roxanne's opinion, the men are usually where the money's at. Dean looks up, blue pen between his teeth. A smile slowly spreads across his lips.

Sam returns from the bathroom, sitting down next to her. He glances at Dean before nodding to Wendy. Roxanne opens her mouth to ask for another coffee, but Sam beats her to the punch.

"Just the check, please."

"Okay," Wendy nods, tossing another smile at Dean.

Dean watches her leave, dropping his head defeatedly. He looks up at Sam, a frown etched onto his lips.

Roxanne resigns herself to the fact that she won't be getting another coffee.

"You know, Sam. We are allowed to have fun once in a while."

He points at the waitress, and the three of them look at her. She walks into the kitchen, tanned legs displayed between her short denim shorts and her rather tall wedges. Girl must be freezing. It's mid-November in Wisconsin.

"That's fun," Dean says seriously.

Sam gives him an utterly bored look, and Roxanne closes her eyes. Having enough strength, or patience rather, to find John with these two bumbling giants will be a miracle. Dean hands the paper off to Sam.

"Here, take a look at this," he tells him. "I think I got one."

Sam glances at Roxanne, jerking his head to the side, and she leans on his shoulder to read along.

"Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin," Dean continues. "Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake- doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water: nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago."

"A funeral?"

"Yeah, it's weird; they buried an empty coffin. For, uh-"

"Closure," Roxanne finishes for him.