Chapter 2

The walk back to our dorms were surprising quiet. No one commented on how each house and building had something redone. The art hall was repainted. The science hall had new windows. It was like we were all in this cloud of silence...up until we reached our rooms.

We all went into Kristen and Ari's room and I sat down on their revolving fluffy purple chair.

"Okay, I know I say this every year, but I think she's actually gone insane." Kristen says, throwing her tiny body on her bed.

"Yea, I mean, what the hell was that bs about "proving our selfs"?" Ari commented sitting on her bed on the other side of the room.

Their room was as big as Carly's and mine but they had already added all their stuff so it looked more chic.

Half the room was purple and half the room was pink. The furniture was a mix of both and white, creating a stylish room that I sometimes envied.

"Whatever. I'll guess once we "prove ourselves"," I laughed. "We will find out what she means."

I was intrigued to find out more about what she meant, however I pushed the thoughts and questions aside to focus on what they were talking about.

"Is it weird that I feel...a little invaded?" Carly commented.

"No, I feel it too. We owned the school and now that the guys are here it's like we lost some control." I added.

They all nodded in agreement.

"Enough about boys." Ari suggested and got up to grab four plastic champagne glasses.

She popped opened the champagne and poured the fizzling drink into our cups. It was our tradition on the first night back.

"Cheers to the new year!" We all shouted, laughing, and clinked our glasses together.

**************************

The sun woke me up as it poured in through the blinds. I opened them wider to let more sun in and hopefully wake up Carly without me.

"Turn the lights off, Bridget!" Carly groaned and buried herself deeper into her silk pillow.

I jokingly shook my head and plopped on her bed. I was used to having to wake her up.

"If you don't wake up now, then you won't have time to look good and the guys will notice." I said softly.

I knew this would get to her.

"I'm up!" She yelled and we walked toward the showers in our new dorm.

I took 15 minutes in the shower before walking back into our room. Last night we took the liberty of decorating our room. It looked amazing now with pink black and white carpets and designer furniture. Most of which was provided by Carly. The Whinston's always sent us new stuff to decorate our room with.

I blow dried my hair and curled it into perfect looking waves. My hair is normally straight but most days I can curl in into some waves. I wanted over to my closet and grabbed a white short sleeve shirt that's sleeve less and starts on my arm. I paired it with designer jeans. Another gift from "Rick". It was a preppy look that matched my style. I curled my long lashes and applied coats of black mascara. I drew a straight line of eyeliner that bolded my blue eyes.

Carly was wearing a purple tank top with a black skater skirt. Her blonde hair was straightened back into a perfect braid. Her lashes were darkened with mascara and her eyeliner was in a straight line.

I heard a loud knock coming from the door. I strided over and opened it. A tall, middle-aged woman, maybe 45, stood at our doorway. This must be our housemother.