Chapter 8

"So what are you going to do for Christmas?" Hayes asks me as we walk out from the rehearsing studio.

"My kids and I will go to London. We will celebrate Christmas with my parents in law." I said to him. "What about you?"

"I don't know. Maybe just have my own dinner. I'm literally alone in this city. Sometimes I miss being back to L.A and taking care of my grandfather but here is fine especially now I got a reason to stay." He smiles at me.

"What is the reason?" I giggle.

"You." He winks at me.

I laugh and shake my head. "well maybe umm you can come by on Christmas Eve and have dinner with me and the kids?" I smile at him.

"Sure. That be great." He smiles back at me.

"Why don't you come home to your parents anyway?" I ask him.

"Uh no. I'd rather to be here." He grins at me. "They're not really nice person but they're my parents. It took long time for them to finally accepted Jessica." He said to me.

"What does she did before?" I turn my face at him.

"She was a dentist. My parents are high class person who sees people based on their wealth and I don't like that. I studied in UCLA and got scholarship. After high school, I moved out from their house, I moved to L.A with my grandfather and make it to my own." He said to me.

"Well, then your parents probably won't like me either." I chuckle.

"You kidding? You're amazing." He smiles at me.

"I'm not coming from rich family. My dad is only a high school teacher. I ever been homeless. I got into Juilliard by scholarship. Jason's parents are the one who rich. They own these fashion stores there. They also actually told me to move to London but I said I don't want to." I sigh.

"Why you don't want to?" He asks me.

"Because I want to make it by my own. I have two children to raise. I don't want to be depended on someone." I said to him. "But they called me everyday saying that I have to move on, and do I already have a new boyfriend or not." I chuckle.

"Jessica's parents also said the same thing. They are happy if I'm happy. Even they closer to me than my own parents. Kinda weird I know." He chuckles.

"That's not weird. They are just being parents. Sometimes I'm thinking that, I'm not alone. I have two dads and one mom who supports me." I smile at him.

"You won't be alone." He smiles back at me.

We then keep walking to the subway station. I'm standing and cross my arms on my chest while waiting for our train.

"Look at that baby, she is super cute." I said to Hayes and point to a baby on a carrier.

"Her big blue eyes just mesmerizing. She will be a beautiful girl someday." He chuckles.

"Yeah I can see that." I giggle.

"Now I'm having baby fever." He smiles while looking at that baby.

"Then get someone preggo." I laugh and get into the subway.

"Nope. I want to marry that person first then have a family with them." He smiles at me and sits down next to me.

"Yeah easy for you because you can tell everyone you met that you're single not a widower." I said to him.

"Well, that's easy for you too." He chuckles.

"No. People can accept me but they can't accept my children. I want someone who can love them as much as I do. But who wants to be with a single mom?" I chuckle.