Chapter 22 - Cannes

Heeju POV

Cannes is every bit of beautiful, the clear blue skies and the beautiful beaches. Although throughout the trip I felt incredibly guilty leaving my boy with Halmeoni back in Seoul, Jinwoo and I still had an amazing time. It felt like a second honeymoon for us. In the day, I'll accompany Jinwoo to some of the conferences with Jinwoo but we'll enjoy our evenings together. Jinwoo even declined several dinner invitations so we could spend some alone time together. Some days when the conferences are exceptionally boring, Jinwoo would attend them with Myungsoo, giving me the time to do a spa at the hotel or suntan at the hotel's private beach.

Jinwoo POV

It's our last day in Cannes today. We'll be flying back to Seoul tomorrow. I know Heeju is incredibly excited to head home. She misses our son, a lot. I miss our son too. Heeju hasn't been sleeping well since we've been here, waking up several times in the night to check her handphone for any messages or calls from Halmeoni or Minju. Minju called the other day to assure us Eden was doing fine at Halmeoni's and didn't really cry much too. Minju even sends us videos of Eden daily to further assure Heeju but I know Heeju is still incredibly worried about not being with Eden.

We're heading to a dinner party now to celebrate the last day of the convention with other fellow businessmen/ businesswomen. I was done getting dressed for the dinner earlier and was sitting in the living room area discussing my schedule with Myungsoo while waiting for Heeju to get ready.

Myungsoo excuses himself to pick up a call and I took out my phone, attempting to check on some emails when I hear the sound of her high heels approaching. I hear Myungsoo return to the room, greeting her and I look up to see her approaching. Heeju is dressed in a white midi-dress, with a white suit jacket and looking absolutely gorgeous. Hell, gorgeous couldn't even describe her beauty.

Heeju POV

I hear his voice in the living room and hurried to apply my lipstick before going out of the room so we could get to that business dinner of his. I round the corner to see Jinwoo seated on the couch and I can't believe what he does to me. It's ridiculous. I'm married to this man but the sight of him all dressed up and serious-looking still does things to me.

Myungsoo returns to the living area having stepped out for a bit earlier and greets me upon seeing I was already out from the room. "Oh, Annyeonghaseyo Samo-nim. You're ready to head to the dinner now?"

"Yes," I reply to my husband's assistant briefly before turning back to look at my husband.

Jinwoo turns and slowly, ever so slowly, stands. Brilliant brown eyes rake over my body, taking me in in this white dress, and a territorial gleam sparks in his gaze. Using those dimples like lethal weapons against me, he comes over.

My body is all over the place as I force myself to walk and meet him in halfway, and I bite back a squeak when he reaches out one arm, wraps me by the waist, and pulls me the last distance to him. "Hey there, uli Samo-nim," he rumbles. He bends his head and sets a kiss on my cheek.

It was like we were alone in the room, in our own dreamland until Myungsoo coughs discreetly at the entranceway and Jinwoo releases me.

"Daepyo-nim, Samo-nim, the dinner is about to begin," Myungsoo says.

"Okay, let's go," Jinwoo says, as he reaches over, clasps my hand and we head out the door.