Chapter 16 - Baby on board

Heeju POV

"Say it again," Halmeoni says in disbelief.

"We are having a baby!" I say excitedly.

"Oh goodness! I'm about to be a great-grandmother! This is amazing! Oh, you need to start eating well and take more tonics! I'm going to make you lots of healthy food!" Halmeoni rambles off, all excited about the baby growing in me.

It's Sunday today and we've come back home for dinner with the family. Not only is Halmeoni excited, Minju is running around the house, excited about not having to be the baby of the family anymore and also excited about being an aunt. Even Seju seems pretty excited about being an uncle.

Jinwoo and I stayed for dinner at Halmeoni's and the entire table kept picking dishes for me, telling me to eat more so that the baby will come out to be round and healthy. I'm anxious about being a mom but one thing's for sure, this baby will be so loved by everyone in the family.

Just yesterday, Jinwoo went to the doctor's with me and turns out I was 2.5 months pregnant. I mean, I realized my period was late but I really thought it was because of the traveling and the wedding plans that got me busy that attributed to that. 2 and a half months? And I didn't know. What was I doing seriously!

The gynecologist declares both mother and baby to be healthy and the delivery date to be late December/ early January. She also asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby and if we did, to go back to see her again in another 2 weeks if we did. I asked Jinwoo if he wanted to know the sex of the baby but he said it was all up to me whether I wanted to or not.

After much consideration, I think I do. I want to know if a little boy or a little girl will be joining us on this crazy journey called life. And I guess I will, in 2 weeks.